Telegram notifications stopped working

Posted this in the 0.80 release, but maybe someone has had this issue before.

My Telegram notifications are not working since updating from 0.79.3, getting this in the log:

Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8a35cb09e8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,)’: /botMYAPIKEY/getUpdates

9:07 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/telegram/vendor/ptb_urllib3/urllib3/connectionpool.py (WARNING)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I have the same issue after updating to 0.80.2.

I rolled back to a VM snapshot with 0.77.3, notifications started working again, then after a few hours without me changing anything at all, they once again stopped. What could be the reason?

Now i don’t get these errors. And i was receiving messages from telegram despite those errors. Maybe create an issue on github.

I’ve been getting a few errors on a Telegram node on node-red so may not be a Home Assistant issue. Not 100% failure but not reliable either in the last few weeks.

What were the exact errors you guys were getting? Same as mine in the OP?

Same here:

Log Details (WARNING)

Thu Oct 18 2018 12:25:49 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)

Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7053f170>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,)’: /bot0123456789:APIKEY/getUpdates

1 Like

I see the same error in logs, but notifications seems to works well

I also have that error in the logs, but notications seems to work, but still…

I became to see the error every minute in the logs… It’s annoying…

After a reinstall and 3 days of working normally, the notifications stopped again, I noticed that after my last received notification and before the latest one that I should have received, these errors started popping up in components/http/ban.py:

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from 192.168.1.1

Are you guys using the polling method or the other one for Telegram notifications? Maybe the constant polling is getting the bot banned from my network now…?

I’m using polling too

1 Like

Seems like it was a false alarm this time, I didn’t get the notification because the door sensor in question had previously remained in the “on” position, triggering 2 notifications then and none now…still, I’d be curious if our errors are related to polling or the other method as well. Anyone else?

I’m getting this same error… has anyone found a fix? My notifications seems to be working… just annoying seeing the error every few seconds.

Got a couple of these at 3AM, works fine otherwise:

Error while getting Updates: Bad Gateway

3:13 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/telegram/ext/updater.py (ERROR)

Are there any updates ? I continue to see that error while using the polling…
And if I use ‘webhooks’, notifications works well but the bot ignore my command (sent by the chat)

I am beginning to get the following error, it still seems to work though:

Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at “some ID”;: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network unreachable’,)’: /bot"someID"/getUpdates

Anyone getting something similar? I get the error in the logs like every 10 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been having this for a long time but everything works as usual so I just left it for now, also not sure what it is.

Same warning. It’s very annoying. Any advance??

I resolved warnings removing bluetooth tracker component from homeassistant. Are you using it?

1 Like