Telldus temp and RFlink

I´m havin problems with my temperatur meters in home assistant. I have puchased 3 telldus temperature and hydrometers and i keep geting the wrong temperature in home assitant. I have other sensors that give the right numbers butt telldus wont. This is the code i get, the temperature shovs as -13,8 but it is really +22. its the same with all the sensors so i can rule out that theres something wrong with the sensor. any sugestions?

2020-10-26 21:14:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [rflink.protocol] received data: 20

2020-10-26 21:14:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [rflink.protocol] received data: ;27;AlectoV3;ID=30a7;TEMP

2020-10-26 21:14:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [rflink.protocol] received data: =808a;HUM=67;BAT=OK;

2020-10-26 21:14:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [rflink.protocol] got packet: 20;27;AlectoV3;ID=30a7;TEMP=808a;HUM=67;BAT=OK;

2020-10-26 21:14:31 DEBUG (MainThread) [rflink.protocol] decoded packet: {'node': 'gateway', 'protocol': 'alectov3', 'id': '30a7', 'temperature': -13.8, 'temperature_unit': '°C', 'humidity': 67, 'humidity_unit': '%', 'battery': 'ok'}

These sensors are not in the RFLink supported list:

RFLink may not correctly decode the value for temperature.

You can try to contact the team that maintains RFLink in case they can help you.

I contacted the support and it´s a problem with Alecto devices using the same pulse as tellstick but coding temperature in a different way. The guys where wery helpful and provided me with a solution :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. What solution did they suggest?

I contacted the guys who made the Rflink and they sent me an new firmware witch i then installed and used a command on to make it code it as tellstick.

Oh great! :slight_smile:
I have sent a mail to the RFlink guys and i hope they reply.
What was the command you use to code as tellstick?

I’m stuck here as well. Could anybody share the difference in the tellstick coding of the temperature?

Yup, I have the same problem to. Any more info on this?

I tried to contact RFLink but did not receive any response to my emails. While still waiting for the new RFLink firmawre that will fix this, I have implemented the following workaround in config file. In my case the difference is 39.5. degrees, so I just created a new sensor that corrects the value by adding 39.5 using a value template. At the same time I rename the sensor from .alectov3_30c7_temp to Telldus_1. Unfortunately, occasionally the correct values seem to get through and that messes up my graphs. For this reason there is extra test to determine whether I need to correct (value below 5 degrees) or not (value above 5 degrees). I am also filtering some outliers that seem to occasionally strike through and finally I use the Average sensor custom component to smoothen the values for less noisy graphs (you can do this using statistics integration as well).

# correcting telldus values
sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      telldus_1:
        value_template: >
          {% if states('sensor.alectov3_30c7_temp') |float >= 5 %}
            {{ (states('sensor.alectov3_30c7_temp') | float) | round(1) }}
          {% else %}
            {{ (states('sensor.alectov3_30c7_temp') | float + 39.5 | float) | round(1) }}
          {% endif %}            
        unit_of_measurement: '°C'
# extra filtering to remove noise
  - platform: filter
    name: telldus_filtered
    entity_id: sensor.telldus_1
    filters:
      - filter: outlier
        window_size: 8
        radius: 4.0        
# averaging to smoothen up the values
  - platform: average
    name: 'telldus_filtered_av'
    duration: 00:10:00
    entities:
      - sensor.telldus_filtered

I have three different Telldus sensors and the correction value is a bit different for each of them and therefore I have adjusted the correction term manually.

Thanks, I’ve mailed them two times to and still no answer! Maybe @tjansteman still have the firmware he got and can share it with us!

I too am seeing this problem with some sensors I recently acquired. I am trying your template solution @HEMARIS , which seems to work, but it would be great to get an actually fixed firmware.

Looking at the latest change log entry (6-1-2022), it seems that the fix is at least in some kind of WIP firmware:

Still no one that has access to the fixed firmware?