Tellstick install on Raspberry Pi

There’s no install script as of now for tellstick.

Hi!

Is it possible to use Tellstick classic with HA?

Yes it is,.
I had one before switching to DUO

What are the differences between tellstick classic and duo?

DUO can receive signals too. Classic can only send.
Good if you want to use it for input

Good option to have.

Yes I think so too
I use input for temperatures, window sensors and physical buttons

Do you now how big duo is?

found it! sorry

Hi, have struggled with z wave sensors and I’m thinking of getting a tellstick and some sensors.
Can anyone prsome feedback on the product and what’s the average distance range. Thank you

We live in a house that is 140 m2 and we have no problem. Just place the sender, we use Tellstick duo, in the center ofta your house.

@Henrik1986 thank you very much. I’ve ordered it :wink:
I may need some installation guidance when it arrives. Can you recommend a link. The OEM’s site is in Swedish…

Unfortunately not because I’m from Sweden. But I think you can take the ssh parts. @juan11perez

@Henrik1986 thank you. Read it and seems straight forward. One question though: the device is set up in the tellstick.conf file. So for instance id = 1 is “name = sensor1”. How do i then “synchronize” that sensor which I’ve given id=1 with the stick?
thank you.

Good day, following this guide https://www.automatiserar.se/guide-raspberry-pi/ and cant download the repository. getting this error on the RPI3 after sudo apt-get update

Reading package lists… Done
W: GPG error: http://download.telldus.com/debian stable Release: The following signatures were invalid: 70C410C9D73D53E838B31C585A949181E501EA76
W: The repository ‘http://download.telldus.com/debian stable Release’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

There is no signed version of Tellstick in newer version of raspian. Are you using stretch?
I think i run a raspian Jessie version. You can download older raspian version here Index of /raspbian/images

And if you run your HASS on a virtual enviroment the Python version can be upgrade. 3.6 version i minimum from next year.

Follow this guide till upgrade Python version in a VE.

Henrik, thank you. I am using stretch. I followed this tutorial:

and it’s working :wink:

So now trying to add first sensor. So just did this in the conf file

device {
id = 1
name = “Master Balcony Door”
protocol = “arctech”
model = “codeswitch”
parameters {
house = “A”
unit = “1”
}
}

now, how do I “connect” the sensor to the stick?

Ok, after doing it the hard way i’ve got it installed, added a sensor and “learned” it.
Problem now is it doesn’t show in HA.
I can see it as a switch, but it doesnt turn on or off.
All I added was
sensor:

• platform: tellstick

Do i need to add more?

Try to add
tellstick:
In your configuration.yaml

Then restart