Tellstick installation on HassIO

Will this addon work with the Tellstick Net?

I believe Tellstick Net is a different story… isn’t the net already supported in hassio?

Yes the Net works fine in hass.io setup it according to description about the component.

Hang in there.
Tellstick and Tellstick Duo support for Hass.io is around the corner with 0.59…

Big thanks to @pvizeli!

4 Likes

¨Yes, I know that the Net works using Telldus live, the problem is that their service is sometimes slow and unreliable. And if Home Assistant loses connection to the internet it wouldn’t be able to control the switches anymore. Thats why I was wondering if this worked with Tellstick Net so it could be used without connecting to the Telldus live server.

Added feature request to be able to issue Learn command to tellstick.
This is important for hassio and imho it would be a clean solution to the problem.

Please go and vote on the feature if you agree:

I can not see that this solution would work out of the box for Tellstick Net.
It would be a separate track to investigate.

Maybe this project could be something to look in to for Tellstick Net: https://github.com/molobrakos/tellsticknet

1 Like

Hi,
Maybe a stupid question but where should I put in the tellstick.conf?
I have seen the gui option to add but that seems not so easy to add the conf, adding more than one switch gives I cant save.

So I guess I should be able to put the file in some conf directory as well. Easier to check syntax as well.

Br

Tellstick.conf is generated by the data you input in the addon conf.

you must follow JSON format
See the example on the bottom of the page here: https://home-assistant.io/addons/tellstick/
Note the comma sign separating the devices
},
{

:slight_smile:
I think you made my day, i had totally missed }, Between IDs. I used } only.

I will check later this evening that it was the case.

Big thanks Endor for quick respons

First I want to validate that above was the solution (can also see that the new version shows it clear in the default conf, 0.2). Great work :muscle:

I have migrated my old HA to Hassio this morning and it went pretty well, one thing regaarding this topic and Tellstick is that usually I cant see any of my temp sensors, (one time I could see at least one of “many” )

Has anybody else seen this?

I use as always below conf in my own tellstick.yaml sensor file.

only_named: True
datatype_mask: 127

Something I have missed again? :thinking:

If I restart homoeassistant only (hassio homeassistant restart in cli) I get fault on compontent tellstick and sensor.tellstick.
A full reboot solves above but then at the same time I have this “non showing sensor prob”.

Help is as always welcome.

Br

Great work! Got it working after some tinkering. Had to use both port [50800, 50801].

Hello friends! Im new to hassio, im only using Tellstick devices at the moment. I ran into a problem, i want to make my Tellstick duo learn to communicate with my plugs but when i run a service call {“addon”:“core_tellstick”,“input”:“learn 1”} i get this in the logs.

tdtool: unrecognized option: learn 1
[Error] TellStick Command failed -> Usage: tdtool [ options ]
Options:

Im running 0.59.1 and 0.2 of the addon. Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

All my devices I add, get ID 1. Even when I change the number in the Service Data (learn 1, learn 2 etc). Does anyone have a clue what I’m doing wrong?

Since v0.4 of the addon, the service stops every time I try to add a device.

@Gibs Can you post your add-on config?

@Vetekli The new version 0.4 of the addon has improved/fixed this but the syntax is also updated, see the updated add-on documentation for details

some follow up on my sensor “problem” as they dont show up in HA 100%, pretty random but if I list they are seen by the duo but not in entities.
´´´
[Info] Read list-sensors /
[Info] TellStick list-sensors success ->
type=sensor protocol=mandolyn model=temperaturehumidity id=11 temperature=5.1 humidity=83 time=2017-12-09 02:08:26 age=43
type=sensor protocol=mandolyn model=temperaturehumidity id=12 temperature=24.6 humidity=28 time=2017-12-09 02:08:32 age=37
type=sensor protocol=mandolyn model=temperaturehumidity id=44 temperature=3.6 humidity=91 time=2017-12-09 02:08:39 age=30
type=sensor protocol=mandolyn model=temperaturehumidity id=34 temperature=5.3 humidity=76 time=2017-12-09 02:06:28 age=161

´´´´

So in this example only one is in Hassio and as a entity.

With some reboot it can show more or less.

Here is my config:

{
  "devices": [
    {
      "id": 1,
      "name": "Living room",
      "protocol": "arctech",
      "model": "selflearning-switch",
      "house": "H",
      "unit": "1"
    },
    {
      "id": 2,
      "name": "Bedroom",
      "unit": "2"
    },
    {
      "id": 3,
      "name": "Kitchen",
      "unit": "3"
    }
  ]
}

I do not see any problems with the config. Tried to copy it straight off and config wise it works for me. Learn commands are sent to each unique id correctly when looking at the log.

Assumptions:

• After editing config i assume you restart the add-on prior to sending service commands like learn.
    (otherwise the updated config will not be loaded)
  • You are using this command to learn (updated in 0.4):
{"addon":"core_tellstick","input":{"function":"learn","device":"1"}}
  • To see the updated entries in Home Assistant after tellstick config has changed it seems like you need to make a host reboot otherwise HA will end up with tellstick config fail.

I have similar issues with sensors. I have added specific sensor in my HA config and it does not always appear.

In the HA log i get this warning:
Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds. 12:00 bootstrap.py (WARNING)

It seems like this is not unique for Hass.io or this add-on.
Please contribute with your info in the issue reported: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/9102

I can see my Switch on the main page. But if im trying to send the learn command i get:

[Info] Read learn / 1
[Error] TellStick learn fails -> Learning device: 1 Golvlampa Datorrum - TellStick not found.
and my tellstick Duo isnt flashing as it do when i click a button on the Nexa Controller.

my config
{
“devices”: [
{
“id”: 1,
“name”: “Golvlampa Datorrum”,
“protocol”: “arctech”,
“model”: “selflearning-switch”,
“house”: “100010”,
“unit”: “1”
},
{
“id”: 2,
“name”: “Example device two”,
“protocol”: “arctech”,
“model”: “selflearning-switch”,
“house”: “100020”,
“unit”: “1”
}
]
}
any ideas what to do?

2017-12-09 15:29:25 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.tellstick] TellStick not found (-1)

after a restart of HA the log for tellstick say:
starting version 3.2.4
[Info] Initialize the tellstick configuration
[Info] Exposing sockets and loading service
[Info] Starting event listener
telldusd daemon starting up