šŸŒ” Temperature Control Fan

You dont have to use the action buttons. It will give you your Rising Value for X seconds and your Falling Value for X seconds. You can also run scripts in your actions. Just donā€™t enable the action buttons and enable the auto actions. Then enter your script and you are done.

Blacky :smiley:

This blueprint has been great and Iā€™m using it for a couple different things. One thing Iā€™m trying to do is have it turn back off after another sensor rises above a certain temp but I canā€™t seem to find a way to do that.

The exact use case is: I have a temp sensor in my attic that is driving the main trigger. Once it rises above 95F it turns on a fan that pushes warm air into my workshop below. It then shuts off if the attic temp drops below 70F. Works great but what I would like is a secondary temp trigger for when my workshop is above 72F it shuts off.

Any ideas?

@michael11

Welcome to the community.

I like the idea, I will put it on my list to doā€¦

1 Like

Hi Blacky. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with the community. Iā€™m new with HA. The temperature control automation turned the fan on when the sensor reached the rising-value temperature and turned it off after the max_run_time. However, it has not turned it on again even when the temp is still above the threshold. Since the temp in the garage is above 80F during summer, my idea is turning the fan on for 30 min periods, if possible wait x minutes, then turn it back on while the temp is above limit otherwise the fan will stay on forever.

@HM-at-HappyPlace

Firstly welcome to the community :wave:

Currently it does not have that feature but I can see what you are trying to do. Remember I am just reading this in 1 min and replying so I am trying to get my head around it. I value your feedback.

If you turn the fan ON because it is above 80F and then turn it OFF and it is still above 80F to then wait and turn it ON again like a cycle what are you gaining as apposed to just not turning it ON in the first place. Are you just trying to save power so that when it can bring the temp down, it can (due to night fall or a change in the weather conditions) because it just keeps trying? It could also reduce annoying fan noise and ware and tare on your fan :thinking: I am one for saving power not only for the cost saving but it is just a good thing to do. The more I type it is not a bad idea. I will put it on the list to do.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for your kind words.

Would it be possible to add the same bypass logic here as in the sensor light blueprint?

I am trying to use this blueprint for my ceiling fans and would like to have multiple bypass on and off situations.

@fbloemhof

Hi Fred, I not sure what version you are on but the blueprint has same bypass as the sensor light. Try updating, just click on the blue button above as it will update it.

Iā€™m on 1.8. The sensor light has check boxes for the bypass (so I can choose multiple) and allows input for more then one sensor. This exhaust fan blueprint only has one bypass option? Do I overlook something?

O yes your right I havenā€™t updated it. I will put it on the list to look at. I am going to do a blueprint just for ceiling fans. Not sure if someone has done one already but I normally just make my own one.

1 Like

Awesome, looking forward to it!

It would be nice when you have something for the Fan-Speed too.
Example: When the Temp is higher than 26C set Fan-Speed to high, when lower as 25,5 set fan-speed to low

heres a list:

- "auto"
    - "min"
    - "low"
    - "medium"
    - "high"
    - "max"

@stephanschleichstr13

I have totally changed this blueprint here and it has everythingā€¦ I just havenā€™t released it yet.

2 Likes

Than i wait for the Release :slight_smile:

@stephanschleichstr13

No problem. I am away on a holiday for a few days and have a few more things I would like to do so I canā€™t give you a time line.

1 Like

Hello, I use as a trigger a Smart Plug seen by H.A. as a light as an entity and it is not detected by your blueprint neither as a device nor as an entityā€¦ The module is: AduroSmart-ERIA smart plug ( dimmer)ā€¦
Do you have a solution to be able to use your Temperature Control Exhaust Fan program with this device?

Hello, I modified the yaml code of the Blueprint by adding light and it works.: "description: Enter the fan you would like to turn ON. Can be any switch you
like.
selector:
target:
entity:
-domain:
-switch
- light
- fan
"

1 Like

It sounds like blackys updated blueprint has all options when it will be released

1 Like

Hey, any news for the updated blueprint? :see_no_evil:

@stephanschleichstr13

I have been working on another blueprint adding features. I will have a look at this one again as I would also like to add one more feature to it before I release it.

New update 1.9

This update restructures the blueprint to unify all fan control options into one comprehensive solution. Youā€™ll still have access to all the features from the previous version, but with an improved and streamlined setup.

It will create a new blueprint so it is not a breaking change.

Hope you like it.

Existing Options:

• Basic Mode: Turns the fan ON when the temperature exceeds the Rising Temperature and OFF when it drops below the Falling Temperature.
  • Basic Mode + Maximum Run Time: Operates like Basic Mode, with the addition of a maximum duration the fan can stay ON after being triggered.

New Options Added:

• Economy Mode: Operates like Basic Mode, but the Secondary Sensor must be cooler than the Trigger Sensor by the set Differential Value. Optimizes roof space cooling while minimizing running costs and fan noise.
  • Heat Transfer Mode: Transfers heat from one room to another when the Trigger Sensor is warmer than the Secondary Sensor by the set Differential Value, and the Secondary Sensor is below its setpoint, ensuring efficient heating and maintaining temperature control in the other room.
  • 3 Speed Fan: Controls the fan with 3 speeds based on room temperature.
  • Fan Preset Mode: Controls the fan with set preset modes based on room temperature.
  • Fan Percentage: Controls the fan by a percentage value based on room temperature.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning: