Temperature from home control

Good evening. I’m fairly new to HA.

I’m trying to create a sensor template coming from my Evohome.

I don’t understand what i’m doing wrong.

I want to create a temperature graph shown as the one on this page.

I found the entity, shown as below & it seems to give me the current temperature.

Can somebody help me please?

The error shown is “Invalid config for [template]: required key not provided @ data[trigger]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 19).”

Knipsel2

First, it is helpful, in these situations to also post an example of the state of the original entity, in this case climate.slpk_david_amo, so we can check that against your template.

As to your problem, the only things I can see is no quote marks around the name (not sure it is needed but it’s worth a shot) and the blank unit_of_measurement, I would just remove that entirely.

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: "Room temp David Amo"
	    state: >
		  {{ state_attr('climate.slpk_david_amo', 'status').temperature_status.temperature | float }}

I might have missed something as I’m not the best at templates. If I need to reformat or extract some info from a sensor, I usually use Node-Red.

Hi. Thanks in advance for your help.

I guess this is what you need?

Greetings,
David

I think your error is caused by something else in your config file, as there’s nothing wrong with the snippet you’ve shown in isolation. For example, if you have two template: blocks an error will occur.

Please post the full configuration.yaml as code rather than a screenshot, using the </> button to format it correctly, and redacting any personal info like passwords.

Keep the unit_of_measurement, as you need it to be able to display as a graph. Change it to unit_of_measurement: "°C", although I don’t think that is the cause of your error.

I think i have found the solution.

It seems that the mini-graph-card didn’t support attributes yet.
I’ve updated the JS of the mini-graph-card to the lastest dev-version (version 4 at the moment).

The problem was solved in version 3

0.11.0-dev.3 (2021-02-14)

The code i’ve written now to read the current temperature is the next one

type: ‘custom:mini-graph-card’
entities:

• entity: climate.slpk_david_amo
    name: Huidige temperatuur
    attribute: current_temperature

“Huidige temperatuur” is Dutch for “Current temperature”