Temperature probe with large font?

I have am using an entity card with my weber temperature probe. I am wondering if there is some way I can increase the font of the temperature because it is hard to see with my old eyes on my phone application. I have never made any custom cards, but I am up for that if that is a potential solution. Here is the code I have in my card right now.

entities:
  - entity: sensor.probe_1
    secondary_info: last-changed
  - entity: sensor.probe_2
  - entity: sensor.probe_3
  - entity: sensor.probe_4
  - entity: sensor.igrill_battery
    icon: 'mdi:battery'
show_header_toggle: false
title: Weber iGrill
type: entities
1 Like

Hi, you could either try the Entity card or the Sensor card.
The difference is just the graph.
They are both part of HA and can be configured via the UI.

Ahhh, I see. I was almost going to say I am already using that card, but i am using the “Entities” card, not the “Entity” card. I think this will help considerably with reading my temps on my phone. But… lets say I wanted to see a much larger temperature on my phone, what is the best way to approach that customization. I would like to learn some new skills.
Thanks!

I just browsed through HACS and that literally jumped at me: https://github.com/custom-cards/bignumber-card

If you want to try something new and don’t have HACS yet, give it a try.

That looks perfect, and a good introduction to customizing. Okay, so I am new to all of this, so forgive my ignorance, but what is HACS? I see this custom card basically only has a .js file. Where do I put that file and what other things outside of adding my card to my lovelace interface is there to do?
Thanks,
Bryan

Okay, so I found the post on how to install HACS. I am going to take a crack at this, it should be fun:-)
Thanks

Okay, I have HACS installed and configured. I hesitate to ask, because I am sure it is something simple. But when I go to add a new repository in HACS, I search for BIGNUMBER and nothing comes shows up. IN fact, if I sort all of them by name I go down to where the B’s start and there are non that say BIGNUMBER which is the card I am looking for. Did I not install HACS correctly? Why does it not show up?

Are you trying to add an integration?

It should be in the HACS frontend section, not integrations.

Don’t hesitate :wink:, probably you didn’t hit the plus sign to add something. Happened to me as well.

I think I am in the right area. I click on the orange plus button and get the “Add repository” screen. From there, I search for big and the list is narrowed down to just one integration. If I don’t filter by anything but sort by name, it does not show up either. See screen prints below.

Almost there, as @tom_l already mentioned you must look in the frontend category, not the integration category.

Ahhhh, I missed that one keyword “frontend”! Thank you, I see it all now. Thanks for your help and also @tom_l

1 Like

Success! I can now see my probe temps on the phone, thanks to all who helped. One thing that took me a bit is, my lovelace-ui code had to be different than the suggested code. I had to take the dash out of the “type” line.

type: 'custom:bignumber-card'
entity: sensor.probe_1
title: Meat Probe
scale: 60px
min: 0
max: 100
severity:
  - value: 0
    style: '#ff0000'
  - value: 30
    style: var(--label-badge-yellow)
  - value: 50
    style: null
  - value: 70
    style: var(--label-badge-blue)

This is because the card config was written for Lovelace.yaml mode. When using the UI editor, you drop the dash and indentation as the code editor view in the UI editor applies that for you (have a look at the raw edit mode).

Good to hear, enjoy your barbecue :wink: