Temperature working via google assistant, not shown in google home

I have a greatly working local google assistant integration. I configurred some aqara temp/humid/pressure sensors to expose temp & humidity to Google Assistant.

This seems to work fine. They all show up in Google Home and I can retrieve values using voice commands. However, in google home the humidity sensors show their values, but the temperature sensors, while present, do not show their values. Anything i missed in configuring this?

5 Likes

I have similar case, I have mqtt sensor with temperature, humidity and pressure.
In Google Home I can see only temperature & humidity sensors (no pressure), and temperature sensor does not dispkay curent value in Google Home but Google assistant reports it just fine.
Humidity state is clearly visible in Google Home app

Kind of the same here.

I’m having different sensors (KNX, MQTT and Netatmo).

They show all values in HA and in Alexa/Echo.

In everything Google they only show the humidity values and nothing for temperature. Exactly the same view as @shax’s.

Anyone found a solution for that?

1 Like

Great, so now, we at least know it’s not only mqtt problem

For reference screenshots in the Android App. Both Netatmo (but same with other sensors).

Humidity:

Humitidy sensor settings:

Temperature (values are shown in Lovelace, Alexa):

I just realized I might have hijacked a thread for a local google assistant integration.
Right?

Mine is the cloud/nabu casa version. But still, maybe helps to find the root of all of this…

Seems like the same issue though or at least very similar, so no worries. No if someone has a solution :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue, would love to know the solution if one of you has worked it out.

Having the same issue here with an aqara temp/humid/pressure sensor.
Looks like they are note exposed in the right way.
Its showing up right in home assistant as one device with three sensors but not in google home.

I’m only getting the devices battery, temperature and humidity showing as sensor devices in google home, with only the humidity having a value.

Same issue with Govee Temperature sensors. Can see the temperature just fine in Home Assistant but integration (through Nabu Casa) to google home seems to not display the temperature. Humidity works fine though. Anyone have ideas how to get the temperature to display in the google home app?

Me too. Several different temperature and humidity sensors all working fine in HA. Some Zigbee, some Tasmota and some MQTT. All show up in the Google Home app but only the Humidities have values. None of the Temperatures has a value in the app. However if I ask Google for a room’s temperature or humidity it reports it fine.

Same here with Tuya IH-K009.

Same here, for a few years I’ve had bme280 sensors connected to my sonoff light switches, they have always shown humidity in google home but not temperature.

It’s been on my “gotta fix that” list for years, and today I thought I’d have a go and found this thread haha.

Is it something to do with Google thinking the thing that’s reporting the humidity is a “sensor” but the thing reporting the temperature is (or should be) a “thermostat”?

Google is able to display a sensor without a thermostat apperently. See openhab discusion: Cant´t get temperature item to work in Google Assistant - #14 by ranielsen - Beginners - openHAB Community

Anyone got this to work in the mean time?

Same issue here with Sonoff sensors, MQTT & ZigBee2MQTT.
I am using local integration but it’s starting to look like this is a Google Home issue rather that an HA config problem.

1 Like

It is, I can see the temperature just fine in e.g., a Nest Hub. But I cannot see it in Google Home. Google Home is just not displaying the temperature. Nothing we can do I guess.

Yes. it’s such a fucking pain in the ass. it’s ridiculous… I can’t ask google assistant everytime I want to check the temperature in our bedroom with the newborn in it. stupid shit.

1 Like

Actually they seem to be able to fix it on OpenHab: Add Climate- & HumiditySensor, Change TemperatureSensor by michikrug · Pull Request #432 · openhab/openhab-google-assistant · GitHub

Just another “same here” post. Using SwitchBot Meters for temp and humidity sensors.
Humidity works fine in Google Home, but not the temperature. I also tried making custom sensors thinking it was related to the switchbot integration but nope, no temp sensor show up in Google.