Template sensor: hyphen in attribute id?

I have a sensor that has an attribute with hyphens:

I want to parse that value into a template sensor to use as a trigger for an automation. But the code I usually use for doing this doesn’t work:

Do I have to to it another way?

{{ state_attr('sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable', 'USG-PRO-4') }}

or

{{ states.sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable.attributes['USG-PRO-4'] }}

state_attr('sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable', 'USG-PRO-4')

EDIT: what he said

None of those work either

Verify that the entity_id is correct. We both went off your image. No idea if it’s correct.

Post a screenshot of the sensor as it appears in Developer tools > States.

In the screenshot you posted of the Template Editor, the one where you made a red mark, it is not presenting results the way it’s done by recent versions of Home Assistant. For example, here is how version 2021.01.1 presents results:

The value of the attribute called code_armed_required is true and it is presented in a gray box along with other information indicating which entity is monitored (alarm_control_panel.our_home). I see nothing like that in your screenshot … which is odd.

That’s weird indeed, I’m also on 2021.1.1 :confused:

Does anyone know?

try freshing that page & clearing the cache (CTRL+F5) and verify that your system actually has the lastest update.

Done and done. Still no result. Other templates works fine and gives the expected output.

take screenshot of

{{ states.sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable.attributes }}

in template editor.

and

{{ states.sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable.attributes['USG-PRO-4'] }}
{{ state_attr('sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable', 'USG-PRO-4') }}

With all 3:

With just those two:

The only explanation is that USG-PRO-4 has hidden characters in it. What integration is creating this entity?

This one.

Write an issue against it. The attribute should be usable. For the time being try this:

{% set key, value = states.sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable.attributes.items() | list | first %}
{{ state_attr('sensor.unifi_gateway_firmware_upgradable', key) }}

Thank you, I will do that.