Template switch does not display as toggle

Hello to all,
I wonder why a template switch with no value_template does not display as a toggle. Here is the case. With the following code, entities card displays the switch as expected

switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      ev_id1:
        unique_id: ev_id1
        friendly_name: non raccordé
        value_template: "{{ is_state('input_boolean.ev_id1_ack', 'on') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: rest_command.ipx800_v3_relay_set
          data:
            ip: "192.168.21.209"
            relay: "1"
            state: "1"
        turn_off:
          service: rest_command.ipx800_v3_relay_set
          data:
            ip: "192.168.21.209"
            relay: "1"
            state: "0"

With value_template commented out, it displays as per the following

Instead if light domain is used, whether value_template is set or not, entity is always displayed as a toggle switch.
I can certainly use the light domain instead of switch, but before doing so, I’d like to know whether this behaviour is expected or is there another way to achieve the expected display?
There is a very specific reason why I do not want to set value_template, hence the question.
Thank you

IIRC, if no value template is specified, the template switch becomes optimistic, meaning it assumes that all commands are successful.

If you look at the switch in Developer Tools > States, does it show as Unknown or as an actual on/off? Also, if you create a second template switch, does it behave the same way?

This is indeed correct.

it shows either on or off, since as you recalled it is optimistic. All template switches created the same way displays the same on/off but no toogle display, whereas the light domain display a toggle. Strange, no?

Nobody having a clue?