Templating notifications

So a while ago I was thinking about notifications. I hate the idea of sprinkling to many specifics all across the configs. The notifier group is extremely useful for preventing this. But I still wanted TTS. So I ended up with something like this:

notify:
  # For alerts
  - name: notifier
    platform: group
    services:
      - service: kodi_livingroom
      - service: kodi_bedroom
      - service: mobile_app_iphone

script:
  alert:
    sequence:
    - service: notify.notifier
      data_template:
    - service: tts.google_say
      entity_id: media_player.hallway
      data_template:

That lets me have audible and push notifications sent by just calling a script! How sweet is that?! I can switch from telegram to the ios app with just a small tweak and it all works. Awesome!

Now I’ve been looking at critical notifications and curious if anyone’s figured out a nice way to do this. Obviously I don’t want every notification to be critical. So I need to pass more than message, but I’d like the default to be non-critical. As I understand it for ios I pretty much need to pass:

data:
          push:
            sound:
              name: default
              critical: 1
              volume: 1.0 # 0.0 to 1.0

So what I’m trying to figure out is the best way to do this so that I can keep using a pretty straightforward:

- service: script.alert
        data_template:
          message: " {{ trigger.to_state.attributes.friendly_name }} triggered"

But only on occasion pass in an additional flag to make it critical.

Curious if anyone’s done something similar and/or has idea on how to do this. I’m not married to any particular element, but prefer to consolidate the logic for notifications as much as possible to avoid duplication.