Temporary RGB Lights

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to think of a way to flash my (custom) RGB lights to red when a specific thing happens (motion detected, doorbell, etc) for some time now but I can’t find a way to do that.

The basic idea I figured out would be to save the current state of the RGB lights (whether they’re off/on and what color they’re currently showing), then run a script that would flash the lights in red a few times and then revert back to the old state of the lights.
Now, this seems fairly simple but I can’t figure it out for the hell of it.

I’m aware that some off-the-shelf lights have integrated “flashing” option but unfortunately my RGB lights are custom made with ESP8266 and I don’t have that possibility.

Have any of you found a way to do this, or maybe even implemented this already?

I use the Bruh digital leds, they support flashing, so you could have a look has his code and put in the flashing, or you could create a scene and have a 1 second delay between on and off, so they appear to flash.

There is also a python script somewhere on here that supports saving and recalling light states, infact someone posted to me when I asked about this kinda thing, I’ll have a look for the link.