Tesla (car) integration > force charger sensor update when I need

Hi there all,
I just begin to play with Node-Red and I understand that it’s very nice and simple to understand it.

What I have make is an automation that send the Photovoltaic current to Tesla M3 car,
when I have more than 1 kWh Photovoltaic production and the Tesla Powerwall battery is near full.
And also remove the charger when the Tesla Powerwall is less than 95%
and I already have more than 200Km on Tesla car.
So the easy way to do all this is to use the HASSIO integration
of Tesla car and Tesla Powerwall variables.

The problem is that when I arrive home and put the charger on Tesla, the HASSIO variable
binary_sensor.tesa_charger_sensor is not yet updated cause I have set the scan interval
at 120 min for sleep reason.

Here is the picture of the flow for now:

The think that I need please is a node at the begining, that can force the update
of the binary_sensor.tesa_charger_sensor.

I found a service update_entity and I have try to use it in Node-Red but it’s not work.
I think that this service is used when I want to set an entity with my data and not
for update it with Tesla data.

Can anybady help me with this call service please ?
Thanks in advance
Denis

Nobody can give me some idea please ?
Thanks again

Nobody can give me some idea please ?
Thanks again

Came upon your question while I was looking for a way to have Node Red change a binary senor that I created with the node red entity add on. What I have found out is that node red can change the state of entities directly that were not created with node red. You have to send the frontend something from node red that you can change. Something like a switch or mqtt message and then have the front end change the binary sensor entity based on that input.

After Node-Red, install TeslaMate and that will update all data from Tesla into node-red topics.
Denis

Hi Denis,

I found this " Tesla (car) integration > force charger sensor update when I need" and this can bring me forward

I have homematic CCU3 with rasperymatic and node red but everything is new for me. The main interest ist to get the data from the Tesla PW2 into node red like I see on your screen. What do I need for this? Can you help?

You must just integrate the Tesla Powerwall into Home Assistant and configure it
From Home Assistant > Configuration > Device & Servicies > ADD Integration
and then search Tesla Powerwall:

Then in Node-Red you must add a “events: state” node
My node is configured like this:

Please take a look on youtube for some Node-Red lesson, is so simple to use after some lessons.
You welcome :slight_smile:

Denis

Thank you Denis,
for me all is relativly new and I thougth node red is allways the same system to get data (and I like to get the same than you). But now I think with home Assitant it is another way than with homematic.

I’am able now to get my tesla vehicle data with node red but not my powerwall data…

This looks cool, would you share your flow, so that I can try to reconstuct? thanks

Do a call service: Button Press
Then look for the button that force update data:

service: button.press
target:
  entity_id: button.YOUR_CAR_force_data_update
data: {}