Tesla Custom Integration - Charging Amps adjust via LoveLace

Hi fellow HA and Tesla lovers,

Concerning adjusting the Tesla charging amps via a (simple) slider (or alike) on the Lovelace dashboard.

Is this possible?

I’ve searched this forum and the internet for this, without any luck. (I did found ways to change charging amps via scripting)

I have a few automations on my Tesla charging, but find it too stupid to go back to the Tesla app to adjust the charging amps (when needed).

also looking for the same thing did you find it ?

No, but I’m getting there.

I have the slider (input_number) and script to update the charging current.
Now I have to activate the script when adjusting the slider.

(Obviously I’m quite the newbie at HA & scripts)

This is what I have right now. Slider for current and button to activate script.

I could automate the slider (which is a helper (input_number)) to trigger the script automatically.

This is the script:

service: tesla_custom.api
data:
  command: CHARGING_AMPS
  parameters:
    path_vars:
      vehicle_id: '{{ state_attr(''binary_sensor.dikke_baby_online_sensor'', ''id'') }}'
    charging_amps: '{{ states(''input_number.tesla_current'')|int }}'

And this is the helper

Did you get this working?
I have

service: tesla_custom.api
data:
  command: CHARGING_AMPS
  parameters:
    path_vars:
      vehicle_id: "{{ state_attr('binary_sensor.tesla_model_3_online_sensor', 'id') }}"
    charging_amps: "{{ states('input_number.tesla_current')|int }}"

but I get “Failed to call service tesla_custom.api unknown error.”

EDIT: I set charging_amps to an integer and it successfully called the service so I re-instated the template and that also executed the service. However the Request Charge Current parameter in the Tesla Integration did not update.

Further EDIT: I think the car was not connecting to the internet at the time. Seems to be updating now but will keep an eye on it.
Thanks @bramdedaele for your post.