Test - Google Cloud, every 30 days? Avoidable?

I keep having to generate a new draft of my test app, and it sucks. Has anyone actually publish theirs or is there no way around this?

Thanks!

It should continue to work beyond the 30 days, other than if you need to sync your devices. I only generate a new draft if I add a device and need to sync it to the Google Assistant.

Nah see my google mini responds back, I cannot seem to find my test app. :frowning:

Or use the paid nabucasa version :wink:

:slight_smile:

Are you saying it should work that way for everyone but I am the only one with different results?

Mine works after 30 days unless I need to sync a new device. I recently discovered this issue myself. If I’m not needed to sync then everything functions normally with me after 30 days.

Mine as well. It’s been months since I needed to add a new device and it just keeps working.

Ok good to know – Thanks! Next time I will try to just sync my devices or take a look at the internet connectivity.

Does the sync commanf also stays working after 30 days? So you only need to enable test mode if you add/remove/change devices?

Because if sync doesn’t work, its important to know , if you have multiple services/apps linked , and you need to sync them

I will check next time it happens, I just know when I enable the test it works again without fail.

Ok :wink:

At the moment , I use nabucasa, but I am interested anyway,

Sync node stops working for me after a while. I just deployed the test again so I could resync yesterday.

Sync will stop working after about 30 days, yes. But all that means is that if you say “OK Google, sync my devices,” you will get a response that Google was unable to connect to Home Assistant. However, syncing your devices is only ever needed if you’ve made a change in configuration.yaml to the devices you’re exposing to the Google Assistant. Controlling your devices should still work fine.

Note that this is all called out in the documentation as well: Google Assistant - Home Assistant

Ok, so if sync fails, it doesn’t mather, lights will still work like it was before?

That’s correct, you only ever need to say “OK Google, sync my devices” if you’re actually wanting to change the devices available to Google.

yeah, but that was actually my question…

so lets say , 30 days are expired, but you are going to add a new service to your google assistant, for instance Philips hue, you do a sync command, then do a sync command
it will fail/give error on HA test app, but can we just ignore that error, will lighs/switches still work (if nothing changed in HA config)

No they wont work, it keeps saying cannot access “my test app” because the link is broken.

Not sure how the others are getting past the 30 day limit. Do we actually know what the date of expiry is?

It sounds like you’re using the Hue lights directly with Google Assistant, so that would be fine. If you add lights to Hue but don’t change anything in your Home Assistant configuration, you should get something like this:

You - “OK Google, sync my devices”
Google - “Syncing devices for Philips Hue. Unable to sync Home Assistant”

That will be fine, your devices for your direct Google <-> Hue connection will update, and Home Assistant will continue to work just fine for the devices you’ve set up to control through Google Assistant.

Does that make sense?

Yes makes sense to me, that’s what I wanted to know… The hue was just an example service…