Texecom Alarm panel

Hi!
In case if you don’t know it, you can attach more ComIP modules to Elite panels. Each can have it’s own settings.
You can set up one for communication with texecom server for application and push messages.
And you can set up one for integration. (Basicly the standard ComIP is only a Xport serial to ethernet converter.)
If you set up any communication for one module for alarm reporting, the panel will close any living connection to grant the reportings priority, but it won’t use the second module.

Did you find cheaper alternatives to the Texecom COM IP? From what I can see it will cost you at least €50 to get another module. I’ve decided to use the GSM module for notifications because it will work without power and it cost me under €10 to put in.

ComGSM module for €10? :slight_smile:
It costs around €150-€300 depending on country.

Yes, they are pretty pricey directly from Texecom but there are cheaper alternatives :). You will need a SIM800L GSM module and a voltage regulator (DC to DC). I purchase these from eBay for about a €10 delivered.

For more informations check this blog post: https://gw0udm.wordpress.com/2015/12/05/comgsm-update-success-at-last/

Could you please share how you have done this?

The protocol documentation is released by Texecom if you make a request and sign a non-disclosure agreement. There are “Simple” which is their legacy serial ascii commands, Crestron which shall provide a live stream of “events”, have found some limitations with their implementation for Crestron. Also Texecom Connect which I have not yet started looking into. I make a TCP connection the their COM-IP to send commands and receive events into Node-Red.

1 Like

I asked texecom about this API today and it is now only available for professional installers :frowning:

The texecom-connect repo I previously linked to works. In it’s current state it outputs everything to stdout, and the code calls a few shell scripts (although they’re not in the repo)

I’ve wrapped that script up in a docker container, trying to work out where to go next, probably integrating an MQTT client into it, and sending MQTT messages on sensor events

@levickij could you share your panel model, comIP settings please?

I’ve got a Texe Premier Elite 24 with a ComIP and a SmartCOM connected. The intention is to use the SmartCOM via the Texe app, and use the ComIP to connect to HomeAssistant over the LAN.

The ComIP is set up on an IP address (can see it, view the webpage), using the Crestron protocol, but I don’t see anything coming through to the IP/port (I have netcat listening).

From your posts, are you receiving data from the ComIP or are you polling the alarm from your NodeRed/HomeAssistant?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

1 Like

I did a sort of comprehensive write up for this on the Texecom Installer Forum. I’m actually switching between Crestron protocol and Simple protocol, not all features are supported or have been implemented by Texecom in Crestron protocol, so would advise you to make some feature requests. The “AREA” and “PART” arm keys are not supported via Crestron.

I would advise that you contact and request the protocol documentation, for this they would request that you sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Many thanks! I have gone through the NDA and got the crestron protocol document. In my searching for info I was struggling to find the settings for Wintex. I’ve found your post on the installer forum so will continue to read up!

Hi all,

I’m developing version 5a (I didn’t check the height of a component in V5) of my Texecom Manager board. It’s a VERY simple circuit which enables a Particle Argon to be connected to the alarm system.

I have a 64W which has 8 digicom outputs. These can be configured to go high or low depending on the state of the alarm system. For example. Pin 1 will go low when the system is full armed and pin 2 when part armed. If both are high the system must be disarmed. It’s a very simple and fool proof way of getting the state of the alarm which can be sent onto Home Assistant via MQTT.

The board is powered by the 12V output from the alarm and works within the power limitations of the system.

It also connects to a spare serial port which can be used to talk to the system to arm and disarm it.

I need to create a BOM so other can create the board themselves. I’ll take some pictures of the finished board in next couple of weeks once it arrives along with the final components from China.

Kev

Definitely interested in some notes/examples for this? :slight_smile:

Previoiusly I’ve used a RasPi with the serial adapter (PC-Com?) configured for Crestron, with ser2net and then used OpenHAB to read the tcp port data from ser2net. Recently migrated/migrating from OpenHAB to Home Assistant.

Would I be able to your library for something similar, for Home Assistant? I’m assuming it’s not Arduno specific?

Thanks @iMiMx

Slight issue with the latest design. I had the circuit working with a Particle Photon (which I’ve now removed). The Texecom digi outputs go to 0V when active but what I didn’t realize is that they’re pulled up to 13.5V when inactive. The Photon is 5V tolerant but I didn’t realize it would work happily at 13V too! Meanwhile the Argon is very unhappy and reports a nice SOS as it isn’t even 5V tolerant.

So I either need a voltage divider (probably too big to fit in the current circuit) or a diode on each digi output to block the 13V in but to allow it to sense GND when active.

Version 6 going for production. I went with a voltage divider using 33K then 10K resistors in a 16 pin DIP package. This takes the 13.7V down to 2.9V in testing. Perfect for any 3.3V board like the Particle Argon. Should be ready to go in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Hi Kev. Any progress on this?

Hi @yulasinio

It’s been working great! There’s a bit of extra functionality that can be pulled from the digi outputs. Such as is the alarm ready to be armed. Having a door open or a recently triggered motion sensor puts the alarm into a not ready state. If the alarm is not ready it wont attempt to arm it.

The simple and crestron protocol are no longer part of Texecoms NDA which is a shame. But the Crestron protocol is very well documented.

Kev

Do you have the full configuration documented anywhere by any chance? Would love to dig in but to be honest I don’t think I would be able to figure it out all by myself :slight_smile:

What would you like to know more about?

The code and PCB design is available on GitHub - https://github.com/JumpMaster/TexecomManager

Sorry for the late reply. Will be nice to have a write up in your Github describing the hardware used, connectivity diagram, maybe explaining the logic of the whole setup.

1 Like