Textfile values from weatherstation into sensors?

Hello!

I want to get some current weather data from my weather station into some sensors in Home Assistant because I’m tired of the forecasted values not matching the real weather from time to time. I have been searching the community pages and googling but haven’t found a somewhat simple solutions.

I’m using a weatherstation software called Cumulus (on Windows). Cumulus outputs current measurements into a text-file called realtime.txt. The file is normally available from a webbserver. The file contains 58 values, each value separated by a space character. All values are on the first and only line of the file. There is no other formatting, like json or xml in the file.

If someone could point me in a good direction I’d be really greateful, I feel to inexperienced with Home Assistant. Sometimes a more creative solution may be needed so don’t be shy.

I’m running Hass-io on a Raspberry Pi 3 and would prefer to keep doing that.

Perhaps I could get the text from the file and then use it in a template?
I have a “short date” sensor where the possible name values are from an array. If I could get the values from the text file into an array I’d be almost there. Here’s my custom date sensor as inspiration/example

#Custom short date with own month names in Swedish to fit in sensor/badge in frontend.
  date_short: 
    friendly_name: 'Date'
    value_template: >
      {% set months = ["Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "Maj", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Okt", "Nov", "Dec"] %}
      {% set month = months[now().strftime('%m') | int -1] %}  
      {{ now().strftime('%d') + ' ' + month }}