TFA Sensor Integration (mqtt)

Dear all,

i was wondering if anyone was able to integrate TFA temprature sensors via MQTT on HA.
sensors would be tfa dostmann 30.3208.02, 30.3180.IT

if so, which components, plugins/configs are to be used?

many thanks in advance!!

These devices are 433Mhz. Do you have a suitable RF to WiFi bridge?

You could build one with ESPHome if you have the skills, or depending on the protocol used the Sonoff RF Bridge for example may work. Note both these are designed mainly with switch and binary sensor integration in mind, but with some work can achieve other things.

Once you have a bridge in place you should be able to use MQTT (or the API on ESPHome if you want) to connect to your broker on HA.

Note I have the V1 Sonoff Bridge - you will need to do some googling to determine the support of the V2 bridge linked.

I notice the 30.3180.IT is listed as 868MHz - not even sure if you can do that one. How do these devices transmit data now, and what to?

ok. not as easy as thought.
as of now, i do not have a RF to WiFi bridge. just evaluating the possibilites

as of now, the sensors are reporting to the respective TFA dostmann weather stations.
however, i’d like to have the figures on HA. since the sensors are there, i was thinking of reusing them rather set up new sensors, which i’d need to buy…

Ok - TFA has their own “gateway” via the Weatherhub product and it looks like someone wrote a custom integration:

Google “Home Assistant TFA Weatherhub” and you get a bunch of hits.