The 'Best' Zigbee LAN Hub for Zigbee2MQTT? (UK)

Hi Guys,

I’m based in the UK and currently run a tasmotized Sonoff Bridge via Z2MQTT and would like to upgrade to a hub/bridge that has LAN.

Can anyone advise a Zigbee LAN hub for Z2MQTT that has been known to work well with Z2MQTT and is flashable via tasmota? Looking for something stable and cheap not so much these $70+ bespoke hand built devices, more something off the shelf, flashable and stable.

I’ve been considering:

• Silvercrest LIDL Hub (But it needs opening up and flashing) (£10)
  • Ewelink / Smartwise / Eachen GW03 (£20) but always being sent from China

Does anyone know of any other alternative, easily accessible, cheap LAN zigbee hubs for Z2MQTT?

I have no experience with LAN gateways myself. However, you may want to consider this article:

@AndrejDelany - Thanks for the link mate… It’s funny, it looks to conclude a lot of my findings over the last few days.

Does anyone know whether EZSP based coordinators will continue to be supported by Z2M? I thought i read something somewhere that its not being worked on anymore?

There is this option:
https://docs.homeseer.com/products/interfaces/z-net/z-net-integration-with-home-assistant

1 Like

They are still working on it, only thing not working yet is backup/restore of the nvram

@francisp

Thanks Francis, I run a tasmotized sonoff bridge at the moment (which i know is highly not recommended) and have an automation for restarting the hub and Z2M if it goes down but would like to move to a Zigbee LAN device that is likely to be supported into the futre development of Z2M.

I’ve read your link which explains the progress of development for EZSP, however im trying to decide whether in terms of Z2M’s roadmap whether theres interest to continue this EZSP work, or whether its wiser to buy LAN bridges on different chips? Dont want to be in a position where im constantly buying bridges to keep up with development.

Thoughts?

Best bet with Zigbee2MQTT is a CC2652-based bridge. That is koenkk that maintains the firmware and herdsman libraries. ESPZ support is from another developer, so is Conbee support.

1 Like

I agree with @francisp, if the intent is to use z2m, get a cc2652 based stick. It will always be first among peers. It’s the stick koenkk uses, supports, and releases firmware for. It will likely always be first among peers for z2m.

If the EZSP contributor gets bored and abandons development, there is no guarantee koenkk will continue updates. I don’t have any reason to think it is at risk of abandonment, just stating potential risks.

Anecdotally, cc2652 sticks perform better than EZSP for me under both ZHA and z2m. But zigbee is fickle, it could just be my specific environment.

1 Like