The Future of Z-Wave in HA - QT-OpenZWave

If you open the ozw-admin panel do you see the setpoints in there?

1 Like

Ahah! Thanks @freshcoast. Both my problematic devices. That’s just what I was looking for.

Done,
I get the feeling the mapping for the motion sensor part of the device is not functioning correctly.
See also the comments i placed in Github.
I am very novice at this, but am willing to learn and try/help.
I tried altering the mapping through the devices xml file, but am a bit lost there.
Thanks a bunch!
If you need any more info/help, please let me know.

EDIT: i also found a manual that IIRC got the sensor to work with Openhab, maybe it is useful here also. I attached it to Github

will cover’s component get supported anytime soon?

thanks

There was a PR approved today … so looks like it will be in soon Not sure if it will make today’s release or not…

And when will the official add-on be updated then?

You’ll have to ask the add-on maintainer that question.

great, thanks for the update

This is the homeassistant forum isn’t it? “Who” is the owner?

HomeAssistant components are maintained by many different people. The person whom maintains this for HA is @Fishwaldo I believe

The addon doesn’t need to be updated for that.

What do you mean? The addon use not the latest ozw qt container…

The implementation of cover support is in the OZW integration. I assumed you were talking about covers since that was the comment you replied to, if that’s not the case then you can ignore.

I asked about OZW cover implementation which got merged today and hopefully be part of the next version of HA,
Cover.py was missing from the ozw and therefore was not supported

That cover PR will be in 0.113 - until then you could just set-up the mqtt cover for it:

cover:
  platform: mqtt
  name: "Cover"
  command_topic: "OpenZWave/1/command/setvalue/"
  set_position_topic: "OpenZWave/1/command/setvalue/"
  set_position_template: "{ \"Value\": {{ position }}, \"ValueIDKey\": 105480209 }"
  position_topic: "OpenZWave/1/node/6/instance/1/commandclass/38/value/105480209/"
  value_template: "{{ value_json.Value }}"
  position_open: 99
  position_closed: 0
  payload_open: "{ \"Value\": 99, \"ValueIDKey\": 105480209 }"
  payload_close: "{ \"Value\": 0, \"ValueIDKey\": 105480209 }"

The ValueIDKey is specific to your situation - as is the digit after node.

Kudos to someone else - let me try to find who helped me with this. @balk77:

1 Like

well, that was confusing as hell…

Why are we discussing a PR for the built-in zwave integration in the thread for the new ozw beta integration?

We are discussing the beta integration.

There are two major components at play here, 1) the OpenZWave Daemon and 2) the beta integration. They are developed by two different groups/people. The daemon is what actually runs the open z-wave, handles communications with all of the devices, etc. The daemon publishes information it gets from the devices to mqtt.

The Integration (which is what is in beta) takes the information from mqtt and turns it into entities in HA.

To-date, the integration did not know how to support cover devices, even though the daemon publishes the info to mqtt. That is why, if you know how to do it, you could an mqtt cover and still use it by publishing to mqtt directly.

The PR in discussion is to add cover entity support to the beta integration

But the PR link says it is for HA Core not the ozw beta integration. At least I assume so since the ozw beta integration hasn’t been incorporated into HA core yet. Or has it and I missed something major?

The ozw beta is part of core.