The Future of Z-Wave in HA - QT-OpenZWave

Thanks for your reply but i have done that.
The problem is the HSM100 sensor doesn’t send anything over MQTT.

I also was thinking among the lines of checking out the XML-files.
Its all new to me so i don’t have a good clue as were to start looking.
And what to look for.

br,
Raymond

That’s unlikely, the MQTT topics update, check all the command class topics.

I drilled down every instance, topic and whatnot, but i am sorry there is nothing showing at the timestamp that i triggered the motion sensor.
When swinging my arm infant of the sensor i just can’t see any topic updates, usually they appear in grey in MQTT Explorer.
Either i am completely looking in the wrong direction or the sensor isn’t sending a MQTT message when motion is triggered.
Its a very old sensor.
With the ozb 1.4 implementation i also had to look for a basic_level event.

Watch the zwave logs. If nothing is occurring in the logs, it’s the same issue that I’m working with @Fishwaldo on. You’ll have to be patient.

1 Like

the OZW is showing the following when i trigger the motion sensor:

9 Detail Received 0x01,  0x09, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x09, 0x03, 0x20, 0x01, 0xff, 0x26
9 Info Received Basic set from node 9: level=255: Sending event notification.
9 Detail Notification:NodeEvent

EDIT: this is what is showing in the OZW Logs section of ozwadmin

@Fishwaldo

Can it be that the XML is up to date for the HSM100 sensor?
My knowledge about creating a XML file for a device is non existing, but i am learning (and willing to do so)
Maybe this document shows what is missing for the Homeseer HSM100 sensor.
https://doc.eedomus.com/files/EZMotionSDK.pdf

Could you please shine a light on the matter?
thanks up front,
BR,
Raymond

Basic Set is not supported. Might need to enable some workaround, but that doesn’t work yet either. https://github.com/OpenZWave/qt-openzwave/issues/60

Edit: The workaround in that issue might work for your device if it is sending different basic set values, e.g. 0 for motion off, then 255 for motion on. It currently doesn’t work for cases where the same value is sent repeatedly.

If Polling is enabled OZW queues a SwitchBinaryCmd_Get (Node=x). Is it possible to call that from MQTT, so I could initiate a sort of Poll Once event from Hass?
Thanks

You can call requestnodedynamic with a node number to update the values for the that node on demand. I use that approach with old devices to poll on-demand when HA initiates a state change rather than polling constantly. It won’t work great for switches you interact with physically, but works well for ones controlled mostly through HA.

Example:

- alias: "Refresh Old Zwave livingroom_lamp_right_level"
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: 
      - light.livingroom_lamp_right_level
  action:
    - delay:
        milliseconds: "{{ range(500, 1500) | random }}"
    - service: mqtt.publish
      data:
        topic: "OpenZWave/1/command/requestnodedynamic/"
        payload: "{\"node\":5}"

The delay is in there to not flood the network with a bunch of requests at the same instant when multiple devices change state at the same time.

1 Like

@ mezz64
Thanks, that will work for me.

Thats pretty heavy - As it will refresh all values on the device. If you just want to get a specific ValueID, you can use refreshvalue with a payload of “ValueIDKey” equal to the value you are interested in.

(Sorry, missing from the doco currently, but its there)

Please add your comments to the issue freshcoast linked below. I’ll look at workarounds soon.

Yes, it works in 1.6, but I dont think the HA integration supports sirens/doorbells like this yet (you can get full functionality via MQTT)

Thanks! I only care about the brightness level so that should help speed things up even more.

A recent release has made my keypad work.
If that can help anyone, it’s a bit different from the old implementation:

I know have a state sensor.mini_keypad_rfid_access_control and have to monitor its value going to 4 (unlock operation) or 5 (lock operation).
Previously, it was going from 0 to 255.

There’s also some entities such as binary_sensor.mini_keypad_rfid_access_control_wireless_lock_operation, but they are not getting updated.

Not wishing to mis-post, if I want to

1. find out if a specific device (that was previously supported) is supported in the new qt-openzave approach, and
  2. If not, find out where to ask for it to be included:

Where do I post:

1. in the qt-openzwave repository?
  2. the HA core respository?
  3. the HA adding repository?
  4. somewhere else?

Look in the OpenZwave project in the config directory. Likely your device will work if it worked in 1.4

Thanks.

The two I’m thinking of definitely worked in 1.4.

• The set point on the Danfoss Z Thermostat 014G0013 radiator valve (currently only seeing the battery sensor)
  • The set point on the Secure SR321 ZWave Thermostat (currently only seeing current temp and battery)

The latter is not even recognised properly. HA doesn’t know what it is.
Like I say, both worked OK with the original ZWave integration.

Check for disabled entities.

Edit: visual aid

None that I can see.