The Home Assistant on server

Because I don’t have any device that can be use to install home assistant so I try it to install on my Tencent cloud server, it system is Debian, I followed the instruction in the github(Supervised Installer/OS Agent, and try to install it, when I finished it, I saw that I can’t visit it using the port 8123, So I try to use command(netstat -nultp)to test is the port status, the result is I can’t find the port 8123, but I find the port 4357, and it takes me to the home assistant observer, the supervisor is connected but it is unsupported, so is their any other ways that I can install home assistant on debian, or how can I fix this problem that I can’t visit the home assistant

It doesn’t have to be supported, you can try to find the logs of supervisor or homeassistant docker containers why it is failing to start.

I have raspbian and supervised installation and i see mine is also not supported but healthy :slight_smile:

Supervisor: Connected
Supported: Unsupported
Healthy: Healthy

Sometimes the supervisor just need to have some drivers installed.
There will typically be a more info text next to the unsupported text in HA that contains the link.

The first bit of this picture is the logs of docker containers, and the second bit is the status of the haos-agent, It looks there is a problem is supervised don’t have the permission to the files, but I use the winscp to check the file path /var/run there is no such files that name is s6, So do you know what is this folder use for?

I don’t think s6 file is accessible outside of docker, it should be part of docker container. Can you try to ssh to machine and try command ha if it is working. If yes, you can execute some commands to learn more about home assistant status.

ha core info and ha supervisor info

I just try your suggest, and I think there is a breakthrough, the picture I put on is the result of the two command and the ip address is strange, it is this machine’s intranet, but I don’t have any of the server that can access it by intranet so is there any ways that we can change the ip to the outer net ip, or is there are another issue.

These ip addresses are assigned internally by docker system, don’t mess with them.

Your vm or server will have one ip address to drive tracfic with external devices in network.

Inside one server, there are multiple docker instances and each of them will own their internal ip address, nothing related to previous one.

Try to restart your core using ha commands and see the error log.