The limitation of the temperature slider

Good day! I’m sorry for the stupid question! How in automation to bind values of sliders to above and below for restriction for example of temperature!

The above: and below: numeric trigger options are not template-able. You will have to use a template trigger.

Thanks for the answer! But could you if it is not difficult to write an example! I’m still bad at templates

Sure, here’s a basic example for switching a fan on if a cpu temperature sensor goes above a temperature set by an input number (slider):

- id: rack_fan_on
  alias: 'Rack Fan On'
  trigger:
  - platform: template
    value_template: "{{ states('sensor.cpu_temperature')|float >= states('input_number.rack_fan_on_temp')|int }}"
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.rack_fan

Thank you very much!

I ask you again, sorry! I did as you suggested to me but here’s the problem when the temperature value is less than or equal to the exposed value (the trigger is turned on), but in the second case when the value is greater than or equal to the value the trigger is not turned off! Or maybe there is a way if else?

- id: rack_Led_on
  alias: 'Rack Led On'
  trigger:
    value_template: "{{ states('sensor.temperature')|int <= states('input_number.target_temp_min')|int }}"
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    entity_id: switch.kitchen_led
- id: rack_Led_off
  alias: 'Rack Led Off'
  trigger:
    value_template: "{{ states('sensor.temperature')|int >= states('input_number.target_tem_max')|int }}"
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off

Are you missing a ‘p’ here?

states('input_number.target_tem_max')
                              ^^

And yes, in this case you can do it in one automation with a service template:

- id: rack_Led_control
  alias: 'Rack Led Control'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.temperature
    entity_id: input_number.target_temp_max
    entity_id: input_number.target_temp_min
  action:
  - service_template: >
     {% if states('sensor.temperature')|int >= states('input_number.target_temp_max')|int %}
       switch.turn_off
     {% elif states('sensor.temperature')|int < states('input_number.target_temp_min')|int %}
       switch.turn_on
     {% endif %}

Also if your temperature sensor has fractions of a degree you would be better off with:

- service_template: >
     {% if states('sensor.temperature')|float >= states('input_number.target_temp_max')|int %}
       switch.turn_off
     {% elif states('sensor.temperature')|float < states('input_number.target_temp_min')|int %}
       switch.turn_on
     {% endif %}

Thank you very much for your help!