The radiation will kill us!

Hey Everyone!

I have this problem where my significant other thinks all the house electronics radiation (WiFi, Bluetooth, Z-wave, etc) will kill us… eventually. I know it’s not true, but I can’t seem to explain it convincingly.

What are some explanation resources, examples, techniques, and demonstrations I can use to disprove this?

Thanks for your help!

Don’t Worry: Wi-Fi Isn’t Dangerous (howtogeek.com)

Is 5G Spelling Our DOOM?! How EM Waves Can Hurt - YouTube :wink:

It’s mostly about 5G, but the last some minutes go about all frequencies.

Isn’t 5G the reason for COVID?
:wink:

2 Likes

Yeah… links to howtoGEEK and youtube are REALLY convincing, how the hell do they give us the title ‘nerds’

No one said, she has to watch it. Take needed info out and press it in her head the way, she does accept :smiley:

Oh wow… first nerds, then male chauv… … it does not get better

All in all, there are multiple (too many to add) studies around the topic of radiation and from what I can read, they can not confirm noticeable impact … which imho also means that they also cannot confirm it has no (!) effect… the main gist: not wot worry (which I indeed do not)

Well, it looks like using smiles is not enough to under-stripe the joke in a nerds world…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And in the end, what you just have said is exactly the same, that is said in the above posted articles.

Common, chill out, it’s Sunday :clinking_glasses:

Purchase her some aluminum foil, make it into fashionable hat or bondage mask.

Profit!

Hello there! Looks like this post and conversation is a bit old, but wanted to throw in my two cents. Sounds like you have a tough situation with your significant other. After doing some research, there are some great resources that can help explain and disprove the radiation risks. Check out some articles like this one from Lifehacker that talks about the safety standards from the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection. Plus there are tons of YouTube videos from tech nerds that discuss the biology, and how EMF waves work and how our bodies interact with them. I would also suggest checking out emf fabric, which can help shield you from many of the things you mentioned, like WiFi, Bluetooth, and Z-wave. Ultimately, it’s important to understand and educate yourself about EMF, the levels of safety, and the facts. Good luck! Stay safe everyone!

1 Like