The relative value, delta, differential graph standard question

I see many people asking this question are pointed to the statistics module or utility meter, but the fact it still not trivial action surprises me greatly. I like many other people on this forum would like to use a graph with differential, delta or relative values with respect to the last value in the graph. For example a DSMR smart meter has the values of energy production and consumption in kWh, but does not have the current consumption. The desired graph would be the currentvalue - lastvalue, giving delta update. This would also allow mixing tarif 1 and tarif 2 in the same graph with results that make sense. I have tried several guides from this forum for example:

- platform: statistics
    entity_id:
      sensor.energy_consumption_tarif_1
    name: c_tarif_1_diff
    sampling_size: 1
    precision: 4
    entity_id:
      sensor.energy_consumption_tarif_2
    name: c_tarif_2_diff
    entity_id:
      sensor.energy_production_tarif_1
    name: p_tarif_1_diff
    entity_id:
      sensor.energy_production_tarif_2
    name: p_tarif_2_diff

with:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      power_consumention_watt1:
        friendly_name: "Power Consumption Stedin"
        unit_of_measurement: 'W'
        value_template: "{{ states('sensor.power_consumption') | float * 1000 | round(2) }}"
        entity_id:
          sensor.power_consumption  
      power_production_watt1:
        friendly_name: "Our Production"
        unit_of_measurement: 'W'
        value_template: "{{ states('sensor.power_production') | float * 1000 | round(2) }}"
        entity_id:
          sensor.power_production
      c_tarif_1_diff_kwh:
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.c_tarif_1_diff_mean', 'change') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'
      c_tarif_2_diff_kwh:
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.c_tarif_2_diff_mean', 'change') }}"
      p_tarif_1_diff_kwh:
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.p_tarif_1_diff_mean', 'change') }}"
      p_tarif_2_diff_kwh:
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.p_tarif_2_diff_mean', 'change') }}"

I kept the first example to convert kW to W, since that also took me an hour to do right :wink:

Sadly any of the c_kwh and p_kwh values remain zero.
The input does seem to be present.

My questions: what is wrong in the current configuration? Can the utility example be extended with current usage at the same interval as the input data?