ThermIQ Integration to control Thermia and Danfoss heatpumps

Please note that your ThermIQ’s configured nodename is:
ThermIQ/ThermIQ-mqtt-bb

And that the examples uses:
ThermIQ/ThermIQ-mqtt

Both are ok, but please make sure you use the same…

This is changed in the config settings during the initial wifi-config. To go back, go to the reset menu and then re-configure.

When you do a write in HA you should see a new line in MQTT-Explorer like:
ThermIQ/ThermIQ-mqtt
write={…}

Yes i have ThermIQ/ThermIQ-mqtt-bb in my config, but it does not write anymore.

Is there any message in MQTT-Explorer when you write?

Have you checked HA logs for any error messages?

Hi
I am a bit new to HASS but have been using ThermIQ for many years, unfortunately I have the old USB device, I see that there is a way to convert to mqtt by using Node Red, is there any one here that have done that and can help with some questions?
I suppose that I need to install Node Red on the unit (raspberry PI) that runs ThermIQ today?

Tonight was the second time I awoke to a cold house due to the stopped heatpump. The pump is flashing “Alarm! I/O card error”. The thermIQ connection to home assistant is lost when this happens. The first time I unplugged the card from the pump and heard a “click”, indicating the pink was running again. The second time I mashed the two buttons and the pump clicked.

1. Can you think of a way to alert once this happens? Winter is coming and I really wouldn’t like this to happen with -25°C outside. binary_sensor.thermiq_mqtt_alarm_indication_on never changes, as I believe no mqtt states are updated. I guess it’s down to examining thermIQ time recency?
  2. What would be the route to debugging this?

Have you remove the red wire between thermiq and the small interface board to the heatpump?

I hadn’t. Did it now. I’ll see how it behaves now. Created an automation with the following template trigger to warn if something is awry:

{{ as_timestamp(now()) | int - states('thermiq_mqtt.time') | int > 300 }}

The issue now, though, is that I’ve lost “write” ability from ThermIQ to the heatpump. It was seemingly working before I removed the red wire, but now it isn’t. I might have not tested that everything is working before the last update, though.

Hi Anders,

Since I have two HP I bought two units from you. Now before these arrive I try to prepare what I can.

Is there any specific to look after to make sure I have two instances running? Any specific I have to do to accomplish it, or is it like other integrations where I can do one install pr unit?

The thermiq integration is currently one instance only and you cannot run two. This can probably be overcome by “refactoring” it to two different integrations and changing the DOMAIn accordingly.

I’m currently working on a major refactoring, including adding a config_flow and multiple instances but timeframe is unclear

Hi! I’ve lost the ability of HA → ThermIQ control. ThermIQ to HA works. Whenever I change something in HA, I can’t see any MQTT messages using MQTT Explorer. And the next time there’s a ping from ThermIQ to MQTT, the HA values get overridden from the pump. I tried downgrading from 1.3.9 to 1.3.5 because I’m sure it worked on that version. The only other thing that I recently changed was to remove the 3V3 (red) wire from ThermIQ to the pump. Any thoughts on how to further debug it?

Sadly not a solution, but only a reference. Take a look at HA Intergration not sending MQTT · Issue #38 · ThermIQ/thermiq_mqtt-ha · GitHub , the issue is about the same problem. Although it is closed, it is not solved.

1 Like

Yes I am now experiencing the same issue. I follow the issue in GitHub and seems that more and more people realizing this problem. Not sure why it is marked as closed while it’s an ongoing issue. It’s currently working in a “read only” mode for some reason.

2 Likes

I’m looking into it. In the meantime I suggest reverting to the last know working release

Thanks! Glad to know it’s being dealt with. Subscribed to the issue on GitHub

:grimacing: I did not find info about this being any limitations when I bought the two units. What parts needs to be changed to accomplish this?

I’m sorry for that,
I’m currently working on a major refactoring, including adding a config_flow and allowing multiple instances but timeframe is unclear, hopefully ready during December. First prio is to resolve the issue in HA 2022.11.2. Any help with this from someone more familiar with integrations in HA is greatly appreciated.

You are free to return you ThermIQs if you don’t feel the functionality meeting your expectations. Mail me directly…

No worries, a time frame of a month or two is acceptable for me. They have not arrived yet, and there will be a week or two before I have time to set them up. After that I’m more than happy to join a beta channel as well.

1 Like

There is now a completely new refactored version in beta release available (v2.0.x) that seems to resolve the issue and adds a visual config flow and allows for more than one instance.

I need y’alls feedback to try it out and help sorting out any new unintended functionality

I updated to beta 2.0.3, added the ThermIQ integration and configured it.
After that, everything stopped working. No animation and no in-data.
Could it be MQTT not working?

And what do you mean by this information?

Note the current ‘feature’ where an existing entry cannot be edited but must be removed and added

What should be deleted and added?
EDIT
I see in MQTT Explorer that data is sent to HA.
EDIT
Now I reverted back to Ver. 1.3.5 and everything works again.

You can see what steps to take when upgrading to v2.x here: