I’m not a heavy user of HA and I have found no other way deploy an integration, it seems strange, i would like it to work as you describe but thats not how HACS/HA is structured. If you have any advice I’m willing to try them out.
I’m not sure either. Will check that out at some point.
Your 0 and False’s comes from the automation being wrong. And why does HA interpret an integer 0 as False, can it be fixed?
Not sure. I just copy-pasted the whole thing and didn’t edit anything.
I have no plan today to change the intenal state names, I autogenerate these out of a common database and in general they are not seen in the UI, the sensors are described etc. I can generate the names in the UI in Swedish, German, Finnish and English and will do so once I figure out how to proper handle multilingals in HA.
They are indeed not seen in the UI, but the problem usually comes when editing YAML, which is a daily thing with HA. Assuming that people who use this integration have to mess around with configuration.yaml and automation.yaml, then I think it’s safe to assume they are comfortable enough to mess around with other YAML as well. And this is a case for me, and since I don’t speak Swedish, I find it quite hard to work with automations, custom button cards, charts etc… Not a huge thing of course, but rather a small quality of life improvement.
Give the new version a spin, it should be better than the last.
Just tried it, but everything is now missing and broken. It seems the upgrade path is not as straightforward as copypasting Also tried deleting all automations, but still everything is broken. All sensors seem to be gone, although I didn’t do anything to the ThermIQ HACS integration. I’m running version bd412b6. But before I started changing automation and configurations this version worked fine. I was reluctant to go about changing the integrations, as the most critical features somewhat worked, but now everything else is gone as well.