ThermoPro Meat Thermometer Support

Just saw that ThermoPro bluetooth support was added but it seems to be currently restricted to indoor temperature devices. I have a ThermoPro meat thermometer and I’d love to be able to integrate it into HA so that I don’t have to rely on the clunky phone app for setting target temps, getting alerts, etc. I’d love to have alerts announced on my HA dashboard, sent to multiple HA connected smartphones, etc when target temps are reached or other things.

This is the particular model I have but I imagine most of their meat thermometers are the same from a communications standards perspective.

I’m interested in this too. I have the TP25. I’d be willing to put some work into getting a prototype together or contributing but I’m not that familiar with the Bluetooth protocol. I thought I was able to get my homeassistant to recognize the Bluetooth thermometer but I couldn’t figure out how to connect/read data from it. Are there certain tools that are useful for this? Is there a technical limitation for these Thermopro devices that make it not possible to add compatibility for them?

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this discussion.

3 Likes

I would like to get my ThermoPro TempSpike working with Home Assistant, happy to collaborate on this with people, I have not built a Integration before so trying to learn from scratch. Any help would be appreaciated.

1 Like

Oh man, this would be a sale for sure if this was already working. Its stilly they are not supporting all of their lineup.

I’d love to buy TP25, if it only had HA support.
Could this help?

I also have a Temp Spike. I’ve already decoded the service info via a BLE scanner, but have no idea how to integrate that into HA. @bdraco maintains the github integration, perhaps I can send the info to get this supported in HA?

1 Like