Thermostat Card smaller temperature increments

I am using the Thermostat card in the latest home assistant version to control my nest.

My temperature is set in Celcius & I can’t seem to be able to set the temperature using 0.5 increments (like the nest app does).

Am I missing something ? Or can this be added as a feature ?

I can imagine that for people using Fahrenheit, this is a non issue.

I have also noticed that the climate controls in home assistant for the generic thermostat are in 0.5 increments but I can ask Google to change by 0.1.

I also can’t work out what the precision tag does in the config for the generic thermostat. The default value is 0.5 but it doesn’t change anything if I put 0.1 in this tag.

Did you setup a generic thermostat based on the nest thermostat or were you able to set the precision of the nest thermostat to 0.5 ? Because i didn’t setup any precision and mine seems to have a precision of 1.

I am not using nest. I am just using generic thermostat where you define any temp sensor to control any switch.

Same issue here.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/generic-thermostat-target-temp-slider-precision/102913
Regardless of precision tag settings, the increment/decrement value is always 0.5°C (or 1°F).
It sounds like a bug

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to do the opposite and lock the default thermostat card to 1 degree C increments,
I have a Zwave to IR controller and the AirCon unit it operates only does 1 degree increments.
When I try to set a temperature using the thermostat, it allows 0.5 degree increments, but if I hit a half degree increment, it messes up the whole thing and sets the set temp to 10 degrees.
EG: I need to go from 24 to 22, but if I stop on 22.5 it will cause the whole thing to mess up.

thanks