Thermostat recommendations?

No enclosure, they’re in the walls :wink:

I would like to see the Qubino thermostat in action, but they don’t have videos inEnglish for me to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Qubino+thermostat

Anyway, I would go with Radio Thermostat. It’s not pretty-looking as Nest as I’d like it to be.

However, as a Z-Wave thermostat, once you have a Z-Stick controller, it’ll get the job done. If you go Wi-Fi, for me I would create a VLAN, add a new SSID, assign a VLAN tag to the access point with SSID, and deny that particular VLAN Internet access. I can do the same for Nest thermostat if Google’s Nest team allows local control, but just go with a Radio Thermostat instead.

My policy for home automation within my network is data should never leave my home network unless absolutely necessary. I don’t want my home automation data to reside in the cloud.

1 Like

Hello, I’m a HA newbie.
I´ve just bought a Floureon HY03WE-4 Smart Wi-Fi LCD Touch Screen Electric Heating Thermostat that works quite well with the dedicated app.
I installed the generic thermostat in Home Assistant but cannot communicate with the thermostat in any direction.
Any comments more than welcome.
Thanks

I have a sonoff basic with tasmota firmware but fail to configure it as dry contacts(relay function) I need to connect or disconnect the two heater control wires together. Any ideas ?

Hello fbl
Did you find the sloution for the communication of your Floureon.

By

Hi. I’m still working with the dedicated app as I cannot make a connection with HA

Hi fbl,
I was looking through AliExpress thes days and there are several vendor offering exactly the same product you are using but all under a different brand name. I started to google these one of the others but so far wasn’t able to figure out the true underlying producer.

But could you maybe provide me with the name of the dedicated app you are using to control your thermostat? And whether that uses an Internet server or somehow connects directly to your local device?

Andreas

Hi all,

I am planning to buy one Touch Screen Thermostat hardware (Any brands) into Home Assistant, as per below:
Honeywell-TH8321WF1001-Touchscreen-Thermostat-Wifi-Vision-Pro-8000-3

Then I want to control Aircond temperature via this Touch Screen Thermostat, and updates status to HA.

However, I could not find any custom component that could integrate this hardware into HA.

What should I do to integrate this into HA?

My Thread Link: How to integrate Touch Screen Thermostat into Home Assistant?

Thanks.