Think I'm done

Applying this to the z-wave lock leads me here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.github.io/blob/current/source/_components/lock.zwave.markdown

Am I supposed to go to the Issues tab at this point? That tab doesn’t seem to be unique to the z-wave lock page and once I click the Issues tab, if I then click the the <>Code tab (which is where I started) it doesn’t go back to the z-wave lock page. I don’t see where I would report anything on the <>Code page which is specific to the z-wave locks.

If you are submitting a bug on the documentation then yes you go to Issues and submit a bug about what page the issue is on.

If you want to submit your own changes to help out the next person, there is a icon that look like a pen on that page click on that and from there you can apply edits. For formatting you need to refer to githubs mark up:

https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/

After you make your edits you submit a Pull Request and read the pull request template and fill in the requested info (i.e. why you are submitting the changes). Once submitted someone will review it and it goes from there. I may be a missing a step but thats the overall flow of it.

Sorry to bust in on the Confo… I am a Newbee here and i was just wondering abut why do most folks hook the HA system to the Vera?? Is the Vera users interface(GUI) that bad? I am useing a RPi3B+ now with HA and USB stick… I also want to beable to run a WIFi temostat EMERSON type with Z-wave switches and dimmers. I think I need a VERA like HUB to do this?? Correct.

No you can configure all of that with the usb zwave stick and there’s probably a component for emerson. People moving to the VERA hub just don’t want to deal with the home-assistant zwave interface. It and openzwave can be a pain in the ass. using the VERA hub bypasses that.

@huskerswon You really need to create your own post and fully explain your needs.

1 Like

So I see I’m not alone…
I’ve really tried to love HA… but this is the kind of stuff (not the word I want to use) that makes me want something that I dont have to twiddle with all the time.

I’m thinking of just going to… anything else at this moment!

Ron… I am a programmer… HA is for someone who has an abundance of time and patience.
I’ve always found the documentation “wanting” and at times nebulous… frustrating really.

Makes me want to fire up my Wink Hub!

Each to their own.

Do you realize you replied to comments made almost 3 years ago?

Yep… Fully aware… Do YOU realize we’re still fighting the same battles with the tool…

All of my ZWave nodes just stopped working after the last update… HA is proving to be a “Hobbyist” toy rather than a serious tool.

Oh sure things break… but in my world… as a developer… breaking fundamental things is not allowed… where here its not as big an issue

I think your period key is stuck.

3 Likes

Its… a bad habit…