Thinking Big

I understand that there are always issues to fix and it is important to fix them moving forward. The question I had is whether there is some higher level goal that the team wants to meet.

There will always be issues and when we fix them there will be new issues. It is an important process for a software platform to stabilize.

It is ok if the decision is that features are being added incrementally and issues get resolved and it evolves by itself. I personally think that everything works better when there is a joint goal: “when we get A, B, C, and D, it is ready for the next level”. I am not a big contributor so definitely don’t expect to have a say on this, but still wanted to understand what the leading team thinks

1 Like

Perhaps check out the architecture / design topics on Github. You are asking great questions but I think you will not get the answers on this community forum. Discord and Github are a better place I believe.

thanks. Do you know where i should look on github? i only used it for the code and issues

also, my problem with discord is that it is a chat so unless i am there constantly, i won’t really see the answer. is there a way to get an alert?

Go to the home assistant GitHub. There are multiple projects there. Core, frontend, etc. One of them is architecture.