Thinking Big

And you think an app is going to be faster? How? Are you using Lovelace?

I am using lovelace, and the Androis app HA Client is waaay faster. Also moving between tabs in Chrome you need to swipe only at the top and often is not fluid, with the android app is fast and fluid and you swipe (left right) anywhere on the screen,

The chrome way is almost unusable to me (slow, not precise, micro lags, sometimes reloading, moving between tabs uncomfortable and not smooth, etc…)

Love the app big time

This was the case for me until I added SSL.
Since then if I add a link to the home screen, the link just opens a new tab in the browser.

I’ve since moved to Fully Kiosk Browser as I couldn’t find a solution.

It works fine for me on several Android devices.

Nexus 6, 7, 9, Pixel 1, 2, OnePlus6, Essential Phone, OnePlusOne. I have tested with both SSL and non-SSL

Hmmmm.
Then I’m doing something wrong.
Just tried again :expressionless:

Running Pixel2XL with latest updates.

Are you deleting the OLD non-ssl one first? Are you using the menu option in chrome to ‘add shortcut’ or waiting until HA prompts you? There is a difference.

Wait, what ?
I don’t remember being prompted by HA to create a shortcut.
I’ve always used the chrome ‘add shortcut’.

I just cleared cach to try and get the prompt to come up ( unsuccessfully ).

It works from either, but you have to use port 443 for ssl. As soon as you add a custom port to the end of the url it will create a shortcut to the page rather than a web app shortcut.

It prompts me. I just set up my son’s Pixel XL last night.

I get different results from using the Chrome menu item for some reason.

1 Like

I think you need to cancel the previous app/icon first

Any updates on Remote connection to Home Assistant?

4 Likes

A lot has changed since that post was made 8 months ago.

This feature was released in March 2019. 0.90: Remote UI, Streams, User Groups - Home Assistant

When can we give different accounts different permissions?
I think many people want this.

1 Like

Now.

Shit sorry wrong link. Try this one.

Quoting the article…

If you want to play with it (custom groups) it’s possible.
This is risky. Make backups, etc.

This “Can I have user permissions?” article is a year old now. It would sure be nice to know what advances have been made in stabilizing this very important feature.

After a year, any idea what the actual risks are today in trying it out?

Is there a vision for what will be the milestone to make it 1.0?

I believe HA is a great tool for my home, but I know how to develop and built the integration for my devices. Is the goal to have personal, non-technical people us HA? Is it to have integrators build a box from a PI or simple PC instead of buying and customizing devices like Control4?

Understanding this would be great to know where to contribute and for users to know what to expect.

I looked around in all the areas, but this is the closest I saw to understand where HA is going.

Just to be clear, I like HA as is and use it in the 0.111 form for my home. Just wanted to know if there is a future vision statement that is tangible, rather than several directions (which are all good) that will always be part of the development.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Go to the home assistant home page.

Watch the “State of the Union” video.

Thanks. It had a lot of features and interesting future, but I was thinking about a more tangible milestone as a goal. I thought that understanding what would be the threshold to cross to move from 0.X to 1.0 (or in other words, beta -> product). If I knew this, I could allocate some of my time on HA to help push in these directions.
The direction is certainly interesting, don’t get me wrong. Just wanted something that could give people internal guidance on what the most critical things are.

1 Like

Perhaps you should ask your question on Discord. It is where the devs hang out.

Go to the issues pages on GitHub and work through them.