ThirdReality Outlet Problems Since ZHA OTA

I’m curious if anyone else using the 3RSP02028BZ outlet by ThirdReality has noticed reliability issues since updating the firmware. Ever since I updated them to the latest version that HA was reporting for them they go unavailable constantly - even though the rest of my Zigbee network is fine and stay solid. I never had a single problem with these before, so I’m wondering if maybe the firmware is buggy.

The only way to correct the problem is to physically unplug the device and plug it back in - then within a day that same device is unavailable again and cannot be pinged with the advanced tools either.

I’ve seen similar things with the ThirdReality motion sensors. Zigbee network is fine, but typically will have problems every time Home Assistant is upgraded (and presumably, the Zigbee controller is restarted or something similar). Can’t unplug it since it’s battery-operated, though, so I have to un-pair and re-pair every time.

I have been having the same issue. I have 6 of these and they will randomly show as connected and online but the LQI will not update and things that are using them as routers stop working. It is like they are on but just not reporting back until they get rebooted.

I’ve had a very long and ongoing collaboration with them over this, proving beyond any shadow of doubt that their latest update broke something. I have a pre-patched plug that has been perfect and it is as far away from the dongle as it can be, while recently patched plugs within 10 feet go unavailable until I unplug them and plug them back in.

It’s a Chinese company so communication is super slow but they are now aware of this being a problem and are supposedly looping in devs to help diagnose the problem.

1 Like

I’ve been working with Third Reality and they are sending me a specially programmed hub so they can use my devices to experiment with the firmware as they recognize there is an issue. I didn’t really mind since these have been fairly unstable lately so they probably can’t make it too much worse!

1 Like