Thirdreality temp. & humid. sensor not triggering

I have paired the thirdreality zigbee sensor with my smartthings hub and I can see the sensor in HA. I can also see the temperature and humidity values changing in HA. My problem is that those changes are not triggering my automations. Any suggestions as how to fix this?

You would have to post the YAML of your automaton for anyone to answer the question for you. I have three of these ThirdReality devices and have all kinds of things triggering from them.

Are you going through Smartthings or a dedicated Zigbee hub?

Here’s my yaml

All of mine are linked to a Zigbee dongle. Here’s an example of one of my humidity triggers:

platform: numeric_state
entity_id: sensor.grow_tent_humidity
above: 62

Perhaps your issue is using state instead of numeric_state.

1 Like

I’ll try that. I didn’t write the yaml, it was created for me.

I have this same syntax and I can’t get my sensor to trigger. Any suggestions?

Did you ever get this to work? I have the exact same symptoms. In the event you did get it to work. Can you please share your YAML code?

@gopherboy38138 please post your code so we can evaluate it for any possible issues.

f6be36681e0da431418ec7781fb6c62712941803

Below is my YAML code.. If I refresh the device config it will trigger
once.. and only once.. Even if numeric values are met/true for hours.. 
For example.  I added the RSSI entity and the device config refreshed 
and trigger occurred..  But only once.. 

alias: "Temp above 68 notify "
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.third_reality_3rths0224z_temperature
    above: 68
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 30
      seconds: 0
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_goph
    metadata: {}
    data:
mode: single

quite normal. This will trigger when the temp rises from below 68 to above 68, but not when the temp stays above 68. it will only trigger again if the temp has been below 67 again, and then rises above 68 again.

See for reference:

Ahhh. Got it. I’ll see if I can adjust to a temp that I see this behavior with. Just to test and confirm it works. The temperature differential is very minimal in that part of the house so might not be able to easily trigger this.

I appreciate your help on this. I’ll update my documentation too so I don’t forget.

It works as expected. I set the value to a numeric value that achieves the parameters / thresholds noted in your reply. It triggered on its own this morning.

Thank you!