Tibber: Error on device update

I’m running hassio 115.6 with no 3rd party modifications on a Raspberry Pi 4.
While trying to integrate Tibber into my setup, I get the following error message:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/tibber/sensor.py:123
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 08:15:29 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:20:44
tibber: Error on device update!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 346, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 469, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tibber/sensor.py", line 123, in async_update
    attrs = self._tibber_home.current_attributes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tibber/__init__.py", line 664, in current_attributes
    in self.info["viewer"]["home"]["meteringPointData"]["gridCompany"].lower()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

This does not tell me much, so I’m a bit clueless.
I have already tried to issue a new token and recreate the integration - without any change to the result.

I’m a German Tibber customer without any smartmeter yet. So, I only get the standard Tibber prices so far. Could this be the source of the issue?

This only happens for some German customers.
It is fixed in 0.116

1 Like

Thanks, sounds good.
I assume that 116 is just around the corner. So I’ll just wait.

Yes, probably today or tomorrow

0.116 is now available

1 Like

I face the same issue since the 2022.10 HA upgrade yesterday. Not for Germany but for The Netherlands:

tibber: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 493, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 703, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tibber/sensor.py", line 377, in async_update
    attrs = self._tibber_home.current_attributes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tibber/tibber_home.py", line 529, in current_attributes
    .lower()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

Good to know. Then I will hold back on the update.

As from today I have the same issue (Tibber NL). I upgraded to 2022.10.4 a couple of days ago without problems.

EDIT: now the integration is working again without problems…

See Tibber integration seems to report the wrong price since 2022.10.0 · Issue #79701 · home-assistant/core · GitHub for the fix and possible workarounds.