Tibber integration randomly stop working

Hi.

I have been running Tibber Pulse for some time (without being a Tibber customer). Some weeks back the Tibber integration start randomly stopping without any alerts or notifications I can find. I expected it was my HA installation (ESXi version running on ESXi6) with to much “lab activity” testing, adding and removing stuff.

I setup a new instance of HA, added only Tibber and a 2-3 other devices, ESPHome with one unit (A ESP32 displaying the current energy (the Tibber Power entity from my home). This has been running for 3-4 days, and now I see this has also stopped/frozen.

Anyone seeing similar behavior and can help out?

Hi, I have the same problem. When the integration stops, the CPU usage increases dramaticly and stays high until i reboot my Raspberry Pi. Really annoying

I have the same annoying issue. I need to reload the integration for continued operation.

Same issue here. It works for less than a day and then all values freezes and I have to reload the integration.

I have the same issue, is anyone looking into this? <3

Same here :frowning:

Maybe you should report as a bug, if this is not already there:

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Disable tibber and enable it again get it going again.
Any one that have a solution?

Exact same problem here too. Have to restart integration for the numbers to start flowing again. Is it possible to automate restart of integration as a temporary solution?

It is!

alias: Tibber Reload
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.power_your_home
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 5
      seconds: 0
action:
  - service: homeassistant.reload_config_entry
    data:
      entry_id: xxx
mode: single

The entry_id can be found in .storage/core.config_entries. This should reload when there is no change for 5 minutes (maybe a bit on the long side).

3 Likes

Hello,

where do I have to add your short script in HA ??

It’s an automation buddy :relaxed:
Be sure to adjust the sensor name and the entry_id to your need.

I got it. Thanks.

I have to generated a new script because I got an error with your version.

alias: Tibber Reload
sequence:
  - wait_for_trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id:
          - sensor.stromverbrauch
        for:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 5
          seconds: 0
  - service: homeassistant.reload_config_entry
    data: