Tibber Pulse P1, Real-time (1sec) monitoring causes huge HA database

Hi,
I am using Tibber Pulse P1 dongle to monitor real time electricity consumption on 5 different sites.
One of the great things with Tibber Pulse is that you get one second update on consumption, near real time. However because of that each second measure are stored in HA your database grows A LOT, in my case the HA database backed up is near 2 gigabyte, each backup file! This eats up storage and makes HA more “heavy” and checking history on power consumption more than few hours takes forever before graph is presented…
So, I suggest that logged data is stored Default in 5 minute average, so Tibber integration should calculate average of 300 measures (seconds) and store it to the database. Best would be if the interval could be set in Tibber integration properties.
Of course the real time data should still be available for monitoring in HA and only logged data interpolated.

I think you can adjust logger variables here, but I am not good enough with the code to know if it could solve your specific issue. :dove:

Hi, thanks but it is the historical data-base that is filled up not the system log. My bad description, sorry.

Is this something that could help you maybe?