Tigo Energy - Solar Panel Optimization

Using the linke @hpeyerl provided, I’m pulling all my Tigo nodes into HomeAssistant. I do love how many DIY communities come together on stuff like this.

I’m curious if anyone has gotten any nice dashboards configured to show the Tigo data. I’m trying to imagine how I could recreate the Tigo System View page.

Anyone?

2 Likes

Have you figured something out for the dashboard? I just got my array installed and operational today and am diving into the CCA logging stuff!

Thanks!

I haven’t. Currently I’m focusing on String data instead of panel.

Check out this Tigo HACS integration : GitHub - mletenay/home-assistant-tigo: Home Assistant custom component for local access to Tigo CCA

Thank you for sharing, I was literally just going through researching how to get data from the CCA!

I really appreciate it!

Seems like my CCA has the latest firmware… I’m getting the “done” message but SSH never connects.

Exactly the same here, Done on web page but refused to ssh

Firmware version in the app reports 3.7.7-nd

weird, when I use the curl command to see the firmware, i see “3.7.7-ct”

Just checked and when I connect to my cca with the TIGO app via Bluetooth that’s the version I have 3.7.7-nd

Poor show from TIGO not allowing access to our own data unless we pay them more money

1 Like

Does anyone know if this will work with the paid access to the API? I agree we shouldn’t have to pay, but I was wondering if this opens it up to work without having to “hack” it.

No, it hits the CCA directly, which requires Root access, which you can’t get right now.

Best bet right now would be to do like this: Tigo Energy - Solar Panel Optimization - #5 by benek984

1 Like

outside of this manual process, is the feeling we will have a solution soon to make this existing integration work? Did it take everyone offline with the new firmware or just those that hadn’t followed these steps yet?

theres a guy oin the photovoltaikforum that apparently has a way to root the new firmware but he hasnt released any details just yet.

Seems like it’s coming though.

Only people who blocked Tigo Internet access still have access.

Tigo is a very customer hostile company. Everything about these products pisses me off, if I can find some time I’ll look to replace the CCA with something more open.

1 Like

Unfortunately I didn’t research this as much as I should. I thought Tigo had a native integration into HA or I would have selected something else. Argh.

1 Like

Looks like the guy on the photovoltaikforum released his stuff (not the root method though).

It seems like this would work on an AtomS3 Lite ESP32S3 and ATOMIC RS485, similar to this project: GitHub - esphome-econet/esphome-econet: esphome-econet is a package for controlling a Rheem water heater or HVAC system with an esp32 or esp8266 micro-computer.

But I wouldnt know how to port that over to ESPHome… maybe someone can look into that?

Yes, WillGlyn is actually an old friend of mine.

He’s completely reversed engineered the TAP protocol, and published a tool “taptap” that will deconstruct and log TAP data via the RS485 ports. His documentation of the TAP protocol is exhaustive and complete.

He’s very close to making the CCA device redundant.

His tool is written in rust, and his next-steps are are write to influxdb. That’s not ideal for HomeAssistant.

This feels like someone who knows more than I do could implement a version of his TapTap in Python with an ESP device.

1 Like

Yeah, it would be great if something like that AtomS3 could be used, its super tiny and the power consumption is so low.

That being said, it looks like importing sensor data from influxdb is supported by home assistant based on this thread .

Might not be possible on such a low powered device like that Atom :man_shrugging:

You all might want to take a look at this new integration I found. It looks promising. I never had the one described here, so I can’t compare. It works with and without the paid API. I have it working in my deployment and my next plans are to pipe the data into Grafana.

looks like it fetches the data from the tigo servers

The other stuff is all local but there is definitely more work to be done with it.

If anyone went ahead with that 10.11.1.1 IP method of access, here’s a working script which pushes optimizer data by scraping the CCA status page and pushes it via mqtt to home assistant