Tigo Energy - Solar Panel Optimization

Has anyone worked on or know of a custom component to integrate with Tigo Energy for Solar Panel Optiomization and Monitoring?

@matthewjporter have you manage to get some help with this? I just had my PV system installed and also have Tigo optimisers so would be interesting to have this data in HomeAssistant or InlfuxDB

Sadly no. I have not had the time to do a scaper either or even look into it

HI,

I have manage as follow:

• using curl to GET from API and save in .csv

• then by using this python script link I am able to see data in my influxDB.

I use crontab to run this every 2 min. So far so good. Just need to modify my script every 5-7 days to set date as Tigo API allow only puling 7 days if pulling with 1min interval.

My bash script for crontab:

#!/bin/bash

cd /home/maciejn/tigo/
curl --location --request GET 'https://api2.tigoenergy.com/api/v3/data/combined?system_id=xxxxxxxxxx&agg=mi&start=2021-06-5T04:00:00&end=2021-06-11T22:00:00' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer xxxxxxxxxx' >> /home/maciej$

python /home/maciejn/tigo/tigo_combined_1min.py  --dbname hassio  --input tigo_combined_1min.csv >> tigo_combined_1min.log

rm /home/maciejn/tigo/tigo_combined_1min.csv

curl --location --request GET 'https://api2.tigoenergy.com/api/v3/data/combined?system_id=xxxxxxxxxx&agg=d&start=2021-06-4T04:00:00&end=2021-07-3T22:00:00' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer xxxxxxxxxx' >> /home/maciej$
python /home/maciejn/tigo/tigo_daily_total.py  --dbname pv_total  --input tigo_daily_total.csv >> tigo_daily_total.log

rm /home/maciejn/tigo/tigo_daily_total.csv

exit 0

Screenshot from grafana

2 Likes

Do you pay for the API usage or otherwise, how you get the Authorization: Bearer xxxxxxxxxx ?

I think it should be very easy to make the time/date to be changed automatically to the exact time you’re reading it, I just need to try in my own system.

Yes, I have premium subscription with Tigo but will not extend it for next year as I don’t use it anymore as HA have now custom component for my Inverter so I read all info about my installation from the inverter.

there is a pdf with instruction how to obtain bearer:

https://support.tigoenergy.com/hc/en-us/articles/200863027-Tigo-Energy-API

@benek984

Do you know if it can be done at all without a subscription? I just want to see basic info i.e can the TAP see the panels or not, are they producing or not

I wonder if this can be got from the local CCA somehow

I have my Inverter which is support, Solax X1 Gen2, but it does not give me the granular details on each panel just the string

As I have Togos, I do not know if they are producing, working optimally just the total value

Will read the doc and see what I can do

1 Like

Unfortunately can not be done without premium subscription.

1 Like

Real shame. Just want to check the status of each panel so not worth the subscription fee

I think is possible integrate over the modbus, looks like it is supported by ty TAP. I was asked Tigo support. I dont understand modbus specs, so I choose easy way over API :slight_smile:

You can choose how you would like to connect the 3rd party devices.
Here below the information we’ll need to configure it correcrtly.
MODBUS RS-485 RTU Communication, provide the information below if your device is configured to use MODBUS RS-485 RTU

Tigo CCA MAC ID that the device is connected to =
Tigo CCA RS-485 Port Number that the device is connected to = (Port 1 / Port 2)
Device Type = (AC Meter / Inverter / Weather Station / Light Sensor)
Device Manufacturer =
Device Model =
Device Serial Number =
Device Modbus Address = (1 to 247)
Device Baud Rate = (Example: 1200 / 9600 / 19200)
Device Parity = (Example: None / Even / Odd)
Device Stop Bits = (Example: 1 / 2)
Device CT Current Rating = (Example: 1 to 4000 amps)
Device Name for the Device = (Example: Inverter Total Production)
Please send us the spec sheet or any other reference materials for your device
AC Grid Voltage = (100/200 , 120/240 , 120/208 , 230/400 , 277/480)
AC Grid Type = (Single Phase / Three Phase)

Modbus TCP/IP Communication, provide the information below if your device is configured to use Modbus TCP/IP:

Tigo CCA MAC ID that will collect data form the device =
Device Type = (AC Meter / Inverter / Weather Station / Light Sensor)
Device Manufacturer =
Device Model =
Device Serial Number =
Device Modbus Address =
Device Network IP Address =
Device Modbus TCP/IP Enabled = (Provide screen shot or confirmation that Modbus TCP/IP has been enabled, not all devices have Modbus TCP/IP enabled by default)
Device TCP Port Number = (Example: 502)
Device CT Current Rating (If device is a power meter) = (1 to 4000 amps)
Device Name for the Device = (Example: Inverter Total Production)
AC Grid Voltage = (100/200 , 120/240 , 120/208 , 230/400 , 277/480)
AC Grid Type = (Single Phase / Three Phase)
Please send us the spec sheet or any other reference materials for your device
Please let me know based on which type of Modbus connection you need.

Best regards,
Olivia Barrow
Technical Support Engineer

Is this not for the CCA to get sensors/reading from the inverter only?

My Inverters in the TIGO app do not have the “monitor” section although they do support Modbus TCP & RS-485

What I am looking for is Modbus to the CCA so I can get the info from it into Home Assistant which does not seem to exist and can only be done with the paid API

I think thay can create universal Modbus for reading values from panels. Ill try send infor to Tigo, I’ll se what they respond.

m_start=$(date -u +"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S" -d "-1 week")
h_start=$(date -u +"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S" -d "-1 week")
d_start=$(date -u +"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S" -d "-1 minute")
y_start=$(date -u +"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S" -d "-1 year")

now=$(date -u +"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")

Token from

curl -v -u "{username}:{password}" "https://api2.tigoenergy.com/api/v3/users/login"

SystemID from

curl -v "https://api2.tigoenergy.com/api/v3/systems" -H "Authorization: Bearer $token"

token="your token"
system="your system ID"

curl "https://api2.tigoenergy.com/api/v3/data/combined?system_id=$system&agg=y&start=$y_start&end=$now" -H "Authorization: Bearer $token"

2 Likes

Is that via the API only?

1 Like

Hi, I was/am looking at the tigo Panel Optimisation. It is a little irritating how companies are happy to sell you products, and then sell you more products, based on data provided to them by you for free. Case in point is the CCA . This correct you do require if you want to use their cloud based reporting. on their web site there is this : Tigo TS4-O’s can function as a stand-alone product (without a CCA and connection to the Internet). However, this method is referred to as Blind Deployment, and it is not recommended or supported
Looking at the data sheet of the TAP show that it operates at 5V and has an A (data -) ( B data+) connector (page 16)
https://assets-global.website-files.com/5fad551d7419c7a0e9e4aba4/6127cdc0e4455304a28a5b5d_Tigo%20TS4-A%20installation%20manual_EN_081821.pdf . I would suggest using another data logger and providing power from the same source as you are using to power the datalogger ie

found here
AirDrive RS-485 Logger Module - Modular RS485 Logger and Data Recorder with WiFi and 16GB Flash

If you are worried about voiding warranty and other and other legal claptrap there is nothing to stop you piggy backing your datalogger on to the CCA by bridging the AB ports on the CCA with those on your datalogger. Just make sure your datalogger is grounded

2 Likes

Could you elaborate a bit ?
What can you achieve with it ?

I’ve seen the Tigo expose a http and they answer on port 80. Does anyone knows if it’s possible to do anything with it and the user/password to use?
If you use the API is it possible to get the current power of each module basically to recreate a map like in the app/website?

I think, that all data are via TAP. TAP communicate with panel’s units and also with CCA, which sends data to cloud. I think, that best way is via modbus, but don’t know registers.

1 Like

Hi, I’m also considering modbus integration with TAP, have you found the registers or have any suggestions?

You can directly fetch data from your Tigo CCA by setting up a cron job in the CCA to periodically post data to HomeAssistant. You have to ssh into the cca using a special procedure documented in this thread (which originally came from a German forum)

2 Likes