Tile Tracker broken for me in 0.97.2 - Apparently it was fixed

Hello,

I have upgraded recently to 0.97.2 from 0.95.x . The Tile tracker tracking is now broken and supposedly it was fixed with the latest HassIO release to include the changes in the API syntax.

However for me, the log is still throwing the errors as follows :slight_smile:

2019-08-17 13:02:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform legacy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/setup.py", line 69, in async_setup_legacy
    hass, self.config, tracker.async_see, discovery_info
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py", line 74, in async_setup_scanner
    return await scanner.async_init()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py", line 98, in async_init
    await self._async_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py", line 129, in _async_update
    gps=(tile["tileState"]["latitude"], tile["tileState"]["longitude"]),
KeyError: 'tileState'

So I am unable to decipher, what fix is needed from my side to make it work again.

The configuration file entries are left as-is , as they were working with the previous version of HassIO (0.95.x), although the breakdown I understand is not related to HassIO version change , rather being the API syntax change from Tile.

#Tile Tracker
device_tracker:
  - platform: tile
    username: ********@******.com
    password: ********
    monitored_variables: TILE
    show_inactive: false

The fix supposedly is already merged in the latest version of HassIO

Any help to remedy the situation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Change the coding anyplace it has tileState to last_tile_state

and it will be fixed.

Well thanks for the reply, however I am not that technically inclined.

I am not sure and aware where to change this syntax and code, and as I understand being an end user I cannot make changes at code level myself. It has to be updated in the source and then merged with the master branch to be packaged and deployed in the production version.

If you mean making these below changes :slight_smile:

then I am not sure how to access or reach this file in the given path
homeassistant/components/tile/device_tracker.py

I mean this path is not accessible via the samba shared folders

Thanks.

So searching around I learned the HA option to override built in components by putting (updated and syntax corrected) custom components in the folder by the same name, as explained over here

Since it was mentioned here that the syntax for API has been corrected in the component file

I downloaded the updated filed from Git repository and placed them as-it-is in the custom components under a /tile folder and voila…the problem seems to be fixed.

Well another day of learning about this awesome community driven monolith.

Thanks everyone for helping.