TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

@resoai
Apparently “ask and you shall receive;” the history tile showed up right after I asked for the functionality. On the main TileBoard github page, you probably should add HISTORY to the “At the moment following entity types have been implemented:” section.

@akloeckner
In TILE_EXAMPLES, you write “The variable MINIMAL_CHART_OPTIONS defines options for a minimal chart suited to be displayed in a tile.” I gather we can go “hog wild” modifying those options that we see in app.js to change the chart because you use chart.js?

You can change that variable. Or you can use angluar.merge( MINIMAL_CHART_OPTIONS , { ... your options taking prioritiy here }).

PS: Yes you can go wild with any option, Chart.JS will accept.

@resoai, I believe, we should get rid of that section and point to the TILE_EXAMPLES instead. Otherwise, we’ll have to update too many places. We already have two (README and TILE_EXAMPLES). Ideally, we would get rid of one of the two as well.

I too have just found this (thank you all would have worked on this). Like @danmarotta5 I would like to know if it is possible to change the line colour?

Nope… didn’t find anything to solve it.

@danmarotta5 I think I have found a nice way to change the line colour.

In your main.js line 1587 below:

data.forEach(function (states) {

add

var borderColor = $scope.itemField(‘color’, config, entity);

in your config.js on your history tile add:

color: ‘rgba(xxx, xxx, xxx ,1 )’,

there might be a cleaner way of doing this but it seemed to work.

I missed:

main.js

line 1650:

datasetOverride.push({
              label: seriesUnit ? (seriesName + ' / ' + seriesUnit) : seriesName,
              yAxisID: yAxisId
           });

Add:

borderColor

1 Like

@akloeckner Thanks, the History tile works great for my Air Quality sensor purposes. It turned out quite nicely.

same issue as before. After awhile the camera image becomes a solid blue rectangle.

to change yaxis font color

1. copy DEFAULT_CHART_OPTIONS variable to your config.js and rename MY_CHART_OPTIONS
  2. add “fontColor: ‘yellow’”, after ticks in yAxes
  3. reference new var in TYPES.HISTORY options: MY_CHART_OPTIONS

Hello Dudu, Could you share your tileborard configuration (weather management) with the dynamic background? Thank you

Hello,

I am looking for help about the climate type card.
I can’t figure out how to start or stop air conditioner from this card with my current config. I can only increase or lower the air conditioner temperature :

in config.js :

position: [0, 2],
               id: "climate.climatisation_appartement",
               customStyles: {'fontSize': '15px', 'background-color': 'purple'},
               type: TYPES.CLIMATE,
               unit: 'C',
               useHvacMode: false,  // Optional: enables HVAC mode (by default uses PRESET mode)
               state: 'Actuelle :' + '&sensor.salon_temperature.state' + '°C',

in configuration.yaml

climate:
  - platform: smartir
     name: Climatisation Appartement
     unique_id: appartment_ac
     device_code: 1260
     controller_data: 192.168.1.76
     temperature_sensor: sensor.salon_temperature
     humidity_sensor: sensor.salon_humidity
     power_sensor: binary_sensor.ac_power

screenshot from tileboard :

screenshot from homeassistant where all is working fine :

Do you know why I don’t have the ability to stop of start the air conditioner from this tileboard card (something I can do with the homeassistant card)?

Thank you

EDIT : OK, I found how to change the air conditioner mode. I have to click under the target temperature. I think there is a label missing where I have to click because I click on an empty space

Do you know how to display correctly the missing label (I think it should display the current air conditioner mode) ?

Here the air conditioner entity details :

Hoping someone can help, I have searched this thread but it’s a pretty lard thread. I am using the Vertical menu, I notice each page I scroll down the tiles shift down as well, a little more with each page.

I’m new to Home Assistant, migrating from SmartThings due to some concerns with the state of its future. So far, so good; but even with a lot of experience with WebCore it’s been quite a learning curve.

While Lovelace has some neat tricks, this looks a lot like Action Tiles, which was my go-to dashboard for SmartThings. I’m very intrigued; but hoping for a more user-friendly (i.e. not a coding whiz) front end for this. This shows a very great deal of promise.

Your thermostat is like mine where the state of the climate device is what needs to be used to display the status. The tileboard code uses one of the attributes. I had to modify the code. I think it was main.js but I’m away from my system at the moment. I’ll post more info when I get back.

UPDATE:

At line 1317, I changed entity.attributes.hvac_action to entity.state

I couldn’t find a way in HA to add a custom attribute to climate and set it to state. If that’s possible, all you would need to do is add a custom attribute of hvac_action and set the value to state. If anyone knows a way to do this in HA, please chime in.

$scope.getClimateCurrentOption = function (item, entity) {
       //return item.useHvacMode ? entity.attributes.hvac_action : entity.attributes.preset_mode;
       return item.useHvacMode ? entity.state : entity.attributes.preset_mode; 
    };
1 Like

Thanks @khouse75, it has fixed my issue !

Please open an issue on GitHub describing the behaviour.

Hey guys. I just started using tileboard with fully kiosk a few days ago. I’m having trouble getting it to work right after screen is turned on.
I’ve been searching for answers and up until now no success, so let me as here.

I set fully kiosk to enter screensaver after 30 seconds and after 1m it turns off screen.
But when I turn the screen on again the tile board is not functional for a few seconds.
The screen turns on, the tiles disappears then appears again.
It shows a message on the bottom right corner saying “Ping unsuccessful” for a moment. Then it disappears and shows a “Reconnection” message. And just then I can use the buttons.

I have ping option set to true on the config file.

Any ideas? Does tileboard support turning the screen on/off besides screensaver?

Check that battery optimization is off and allow background activity is on for fully kiosk app. That’s my best guess.

Thanks for the hint. I tried that but no luck.

I realized that if I reload the page from the fully kiosk remote admin the delay upon turning the screen on is smaller. The tileboard buttons just blink for a second and they are back.
But I would like to be imediately responsive, just like when returning from screensaver.

I know this thread is for TileBoard, not Fully Kiosk Browser, but I don’t think the problem is on FKB. When I use lovelace instead of tileboard it seems to be working ok. I guess it has something to do on how tileboard works.

If anyone has any ideas… :slight_smile: