TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Is there any way to better fit and show the camera on mobile? Tried both cover and contain… Thanks!

I didn’t need to use the list of cameras so I simply hid the entire element using display:none:

{display: none;}

All together would be something like this in custom.css

.camera-popup--list {
 display: none;
}

If you need the list of cameras its much more difficult to remove…

Excellent, figured it was a WIP or something. Your command worked great too thanks!

@resoai Is it possible to add a click action for the header?
I am thinking of a way to launch a js command (for fully to turn the screen off), when I click on the time in the header.

can you share which tablet is perfectly compatible with tilebord h24?

First of all Resoai thank you for all your work on this, I’ve not only have the fanciest house on the block now but ive been able to add a bit of JS and CSS to my personal knowledge banks. With that said I am struggling greatly to find a single element that is bugging me. Maybe you could point it out to me.
Ive searched the themes.css to find what I’m looking for but cant seem to find it using element inspecting or pure guesses. I am using the homekit theme, but would like the compact size for the space between the menu bar and the groups.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

Need a little help with the climate card please. I have the following code

id: “climate.kitchen”,
type: TYPES.CLIMATE,
unit: ‘C’,
state: function (item, entity) {
return 'Current ’
+ entity.attributes.current_temperature
+ entity.attributes.unit_of_measurement;
}

However when this is being displayed I’m seeing this

28-16-21-24

Which looks like an error as the top right states undefined!

I’m not sure what is not defined? Any suggestions as to how I can fix this please?

Thanks

return 'Current ' + entity.attributes.current_temperature + 'C';

Oh now I feel stupid. I see what it’s trying to do. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

No problem!

Nice! What did you do to avoid the header laying over the tiles?
I have a Samsung Galaxy tab active 8 inch, but whatever I try the header is displayed over the top of the tiles.

did as you suggested and not i getting it like this:

That element has a class of camera-popup–close and you probably could shrink it some to get it to fit on mobile. To be honest, based on your video resolution its never going to look good in mobile unless you held the phone horizontally - but if you do that it probably works now…

Got it working by adding:

.camera-popup--camera {
	width: 100% !important;
}

and yes, in horizontally it work ok (much better without camera list)

1 Like

@PaNiCo

I’m having the same issue

Also my menu is off center and partially hidden off screen. No one else has mentioned it so I thought it was just me.

I’m loving Tileboard, but I have one question that seems simple, I just can’t find an answer.

How do I directly link to a page in Tileboard? I have multiple wall mounted tablets in my house and I want to be able to do something like ../local/tileboard/index.html?page=1.

Is there a way to do this?

Edit:

Cool, after walking away I realized it was right in front of my face.

if(/[?&]dining/.test(location.search)) {
   var CONFIG = {/dining room based config/};
}
else if(/[?&]living/.test(location.search)) {
  var CONFIG = {/living room based config/};
else {
   var CONFIG = {/fallback config/};
} 

Main difference is either order (or elimintation) of pages per room config. Abstract out the general config as well to save yourself some headache.

Then your url can simply be ../local/tileboard/index.html?dining or ../local/tileboard/index.html?living

Two questions:

1. My tablet has recently seemed to start losing connection to TileBoard. Not sure why, but after awhile it will stop updating and I’ll have to refresh to get updates again. Is anyone else noticing this? Like I said, it is a very recent development so not sure if it is related to TileBoard or Home Assistant.
    In my case, I’m hopeful this was actual an issue on my end. I think I’ve actually lined up the start of the issue to when I switched Wi-Fi routers, and I think there was maybe an issue with the Kindle and the new router. I’ve now got a static IP assigned to the Kindle and it seems stable so far, knock on wood.

2) Is there a way to fire an event to Home Assistant when TileBoard loads? Basically, I’d like to trigger an AppDaemon script to run when the TileBoard page loads for something I’m trying to do around updating the screensaver slides on the fly. I tried adding an HTTP request to the bottom of config.js, but that errored out. I’m not the biggest Angular expert so I’m sure I’m missing something. Never mind, think I figured this part out. As @wyznerd pointed out, I should share my solution here for future reference. I’m still fine-tuning my code but intend to share it as soon as it’s done.

Update: I used the following code, placed at the very bottom of config.js, to make a request to a webhook automation. Since that’s the only type of HASS API call that doesn’t require an authorization token, and I didn’t want to include a token in my config file, that’s the route I took:

var xhttp = new XMLHttpRequest;
xhttp.open("POST", webhook_endpoint, true);
xhttp.send();

I now have a setup that auto-generates the screensaver on the fly and reshuffles it (plus picks up any new files) every time it finishes going through the slides. It consists of a few lines of code to add to config.js, one YAML automation to create the webhook, and one AppDaemon script. I’m testing it just a little bit more and should have the full code available tomorrow.

2) Is there a way to fire an event to Home Assistant when TileBoard loads? Basically, I’d like to trigger an AppDaemon script to run when the TileBoard page loads for something I’m trying to do around updating the screensaver slides on the fly. I tried adding an HTTP request to the bottom of config.js, but that errored out. I’m not the biggest Angular expert so I’m sure I’m missing something. Never mind, think I figured this part out.

You realize this is the single most frustrating thing you can do on a tech oriented forum or message board? This question is going to get indexed by the search engines. Someone is going to have a similar question and this one will be the top result with Never mind, think I figured this part out.

1 Like

How can I get an attribute of a sensor to work in TileBoard when there is a space in the name of the attribute? I get it to show in hass side like this:

{{states.sensor.breaches_testemail_domain_com.attributes[‘breach 1’]}}

But if I try that way in TileBoard it will only show “Object object”.

value: ‘&sensor.breaches_testemail_domain_com.attributes[“breach 1”]’

Is there any way to have the position of items automatically adjust based on which items are hidden. I want to get a readout of any timers on my Google Homes printing out, but while I can easily hide any that are currently reporting unavailable (meaning they aren’t set) I can’t see any way to shift the visible ones up to fill the space of the hidden ones.

1 Like