TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Dont know if you like my solution, but maybe you could be inspired by it. I’m going the other way - I only want the album cover to be displayed and nothing else. The result i want, is to create buttons for the actions I want to controll/see elsewhere than on the cover tile. I just can’t figure out, how to hide the volume-slider, play/pause, backward and forward buttons from the cover media tile. As you see, I have created buttons for play/pause, backward and forward with a simple script, but the others are giving me a pain. Maybe someone could pick and provide a hint for this, in parallel?

update. Found that if changing the media-type to TYPES.MEDIA_CONTROL, I would get a clean image of media art.

Now, I just to figure out how to control the volume with a slider or buttons.

Ah, I see. Interesting approach. One tile with the covert art, other tiles to control the music. Would you private message me your script? I’d like to use it as a starting point for developing.

It’d be great if someone develops a nice set of tiles to fully control Sonos in TileBoard, with the same functionality that comes along with the Sonos app and then posts it pubically. I was happy with partial functionality but there’s no reason we couldn’t capture the complete functionality if we work at it.

I used this:

-theme-transparent {
    text-shadow: #000 2px 2px 2px, #000 2px 2px 2px, #000 2px 2px 2px, #000 2px 2px 2px; 
}

in a file custom.css in config/www/tileboard/styles. It puts shadows around the controls, so they are visible on white backgrounds, and I generally like the way it highlights text on transparent themes. I also used this to hide the volume slider.

.media-player-table--td-volume .media-player--volume {
    display: none;
}

So now it looks like this:

Maybe this will work for you, maybe not.

Kdem, thanks. The shadows definitely help. Good idea.

Hi Alexey.

Amazing app!! Thanks

Can you just help me how to define the size of menu buttons please?

Hi @cgarwood @Torbenan

so these are my errors:

Any help will be appreciated please.

Thanks.

What’s line 98 in your config.js look like? Could you share that line plus a few lines above and a few lines below it?

title: 'Main page',
         bg: 'images/bg1.jpeg',
         icon: 'mdi-home-outline', // home icon
         groups: [
            {
               title: 'First group',
               width: 2,
               height: 3,
               items: [
                  {
                     position: [0, 0],
                     width: 2,
                     type: TYPES.TEXT_LIST,
                     id: {}, // using empty object for an unknown id
                     state: false, // disable state element
                     list: [
                        {
                           title: 'Sun.sun state',
                           icon: 'mdi-weather-sunny',
                           value: '&sun.sun.state'
                        },
                        {
                           title: 'Custom',
                           icon: 'mdi-clock-outline',
                           value: 'value'
                        }
                     ]
                  },
                  {
                     position: [0, 1], // [x, y]
                     width: 1,
                     type: sensor.shower,
                     id: 'updater.updater',
                     state: '@attributes.release_notes' // https://github.com/resoai/TileBoard/wiki/Templates
                  }
               ]
            },

type: sensor.shower, is line 98

For type, you want to specify the type of tile, not the entity id. Most likely you’ll want:
type: TYPES.SENSOR, or type: TYPES.SENSOR_ICON, (https://github.com/resoai/TileBoard/blob/e5ce3b3ad8f9d95dfe3086a9d9f65c2f31b033da/TILE_EXAMPLES.md)

then change the id: line to:
id: 'sensor.shower',

What is in line 22 of config.js. It should be something like
wsUrl: “wss://xxxx.duckdns.org:8123/api/websocket”,

I am using Fully Kiosk Browser on an recent Amazon HD 8 to interface with TileBoard. Works quite well.

I have one problem. When the tablet goes to sleep for a long while with Fully Kiosk running and then I wake it back up, I get a little red box in the lower right that says “Invalid access code or token” which times out and disappears and everything works fine. This only happens when it goes to sleep for a while (like more than a half hour). Admittedly, it’s only a slight irritation however I built this interface into my smart home gear primarily for our house sitter and I’d prefer her not to deal with spurious error codes. Any ideas how to address this problem?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,
i have a short question.
In a TEXT_LIST tile, how can I implement an anonymous function in that i get the state of an switch entity in home assistant and decides with an if statement what i will returning as value?
Here is a sample list elemtn of the TEXT_LIST. In that example I would like to map the possible state “on” and “off” to the german euqivalent “an” and “aus”. The entity is the shedule plan of my vacuum.

{
   title: 'Reinigungsplan',
   icon: 'mdi-home',
   value: '&switch.krummelbar_schedule.state'
}

Thanks a lot!
BR ToBa

I am not using api and I have put it as you mentioned wsUrl: “wss://xxxx.duckdns.org:8123/api/websocket”,

not I get system error after doing the changes you suggested.

I have copied the sample config.js from github and changed a couple of entities to match mine. Haven’t changed much.

Check the browser developer console again, it will give you the actual error(s) (and usually the line that is causing the error)

I have the same issue!
Until now I didn’t find a solution :frowning:

1 Like

Looks nice! Do you mind sharing your condig for that dashboard?

Is there any way to show tiles based on conditions?
I’d like to hide the heating control in summer (radiators thermostatic valves) and hide the AC in winter.
Thank you!

This probably doesn’t help much, but you can set Fully Kiosk to reload the current page when it wakes up. This means a slight delay and the visual interruption of a refresh, but might be worthwhile if the error message is hanging around for a long time? (I use HADashboard on mine so can’t compare notes!)