TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

@cgarwood, regarding your actions to launch Netflix and Spotify. I copied your code and my android 6 phone tries to open these links in a few other apps. But not in Spotify or Netflix. Are you aware of any change in the way apps are launched from the browser? Or is this very device/version dependent?

Are you using Fully Kiosk Browser or a different browser? I’ve only tested those links in Fully, so they may not work in Chrome, Safari, or other mobile browsers.

I installed fully to test. And there nothing happens at all, when I click the Netflix tile. Maybe I missed some security setting?

I found the Universal Laucher, added Netflix and it just starts from there. But not from the link directly.

Interestingly using your code in the index.html broke my gauge tiles.

Looking through it I have no idea why though. I can see what you changed and I don’t see why it would break that…

I need some help, Im trying to display the light tile settings (where the brightness slider is) not as a part of the tile, but as we have on the alarm tile, so it will overlay the screen and you can change all the settings of the light.

I tried changing the z-index but the elements of the second group are on the top anyway, is there anyway to do it?

3 Likes

Damn your UI looks awesome! Could you please share?
Very nice work. I love it.

thanks :sweat_smile:, but its not ready yet, I have to manage how to put almost every controller on the top…still didn’t find any solution for that :confused:

Hey,

Found a strange bug, and though I’d ask here before filing an issue on github.
I have a simple slider tile (based on the example) on a regular page. MOBILE theme. No fancy addons.

Sliding works perfectly on my Galaxy S8, but my wife’s iPhone 10 (iOS 13.2) doesn’t slide. When sliding over the slider, it switches pages.

I’ve debugged it and found the problem is that page-container catches the swipe action instead of the slider catching it.

By removing lines 70-71 in index.html (hm-swipe and hm-recognizer-options attributes of the page-container div) I’ve solved the problem (but removed the slide-to-switch-page functionality).

Did anyone encounter this behavior?

I managed to make a fullscreen pop-up for the light, and I have all the sliders config there (that was in the light div before) but the sliders are not showing up, anybody knows how to bind them? (no idea why the gif is so small)ScreenRecorderProject2

i’m converting my HADashboards to tileboards…is there a way to disable/hide the header for a specific page ? thanks in advance …

do you know if it possible to change just the icon color ?

You can just leave out the header on a particular page:

pages: [
  {
    title: 'Page with Header',
    bg: 'images/bg1.jpg',
    header: DEFAULT_HEADER,
    groups: [] // list of tile groups
  },
  {
    title: 'Page without Header',
    bg: 'images/bg1.jpg',
    groups: [] // list of tile groups
  }
]

Do you have the changes make on a seperate branch on github at all? I may be able to fix the controller issue.

Icon colors are defined in main.css file. They can been changed (think changes should be done in custom.css file). An example is, my door is red when open and white when closed.

These work for me, for state, and attributes of a sensor(not sure my indenting copied/pasted correctly), but the contents of the template work when I text this message using notify.

- data:
      message: 'Weather Advisories Ending {{ (states.sensor.endings_2.state) }}'
  - data:
      message: '{{ (state_attr("sensor.warnings_2", "alert detail")) }}'

not really, I’m experimenting with the code.

the goal is to create a pop-up for each used tile with bigger controls as we have in the home app in Apple. I want to create a 10 inch main touchscreen with all the entities + small 5 inch screens (vertical) that will control specific areas as the kitchen, bedroom, etc.

the small screens will replace most of the light switches that we have controlling the lights and devices of the area, turn off all lights and devices in the house (for example you are going to sleep and don’t want to go to the kitchen to turn of the light) and also provide different scenes in the area

having such a small screen will be difficult to control the sliders , I know that the easy way is just not use the sliders and keep the tile as on\off, but it would be much better if you could have all the functions available and in an easy way to use.

1 Like

Beautiful! Also interested in testing your branch.

My tileboard

3 Likes

if you will be able to put the light controllers in a separate div on top of all other tiles will help a lot, ill create a GitHub page for the things that im trying to do.

I created a div called tile-popup that is the blured background and moved item.controlsEnabled inside of that div but the sliders doesn’t appear.

probably there should be some Javascript involved but im not sure what to do as im very weak on that part.

after this I would be able to change the look of the slider but the next problem is the color picker and the color temperature slider, ill try to find a good looking solution for them too later

out of interest, what 10 inch touchscreen are you thinking of?