TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

I’ve just updated MDI to the latest version.

This looks great! Do you have this theme shared anywhere?

thank you :wink:

Is there a way to show list of tasks on a tail (as text items, one per row) from sensor like this (values from Developer Tools -> states):

entity: sensor.gtasks_my_tasks
state: 4
State attributes (YAML, optional):
attribution: Data from this is provided by gtasks.
tasks:

• task_title: czwarte
  • task_title: trzecie
  • task_title: jakieś inne
  • task_title: drugie zadanie
    unit_of_measurement: Task(s)
    friendly_name: gtasks_My Tasks
    icon: ‘mdi:check-bold’

I tried several options with types: SENSOR, TEXT_LIST, etc but no success :frowning:

#Update
I did defined sensor template in order to have tasks directly as a state of the sensor:

• platform: template
    sensors:
    gtask_tasks:
    friendly_name: “GTasks from sensor.gtasks_my_tasks”
    entity_id: ‘sensor.gtasks_my_tasks’
    unit_of_measurement: ‘tasks’
    value_template: “{{ state_attr(‘sensor.gtasks_my_tasks’, ‘tasks’) }}”

so now my new sensor.gtask_tasks state looks like this:

[{‘task_title’: ‘pierwsze’, ‘due_date’: ‘2020-01-15’}, {‘task_title’: ‘piąte’}, {‘task_title’: ‘czwarte’}, {‘task_title’: ‘trzecie’}]

seems to be better :slight_smile: but still I have no clue how to list each task in one row on the tile.

I second the request for a pop up color picker. Also for a climate with on off :slight_smile: for my reasons, which i assume others will have are as follows.

Climate with on off. - I have two electric heaters in my garage which are tuya smart, these show up as climates in HA. I do not want these on all the time, as i would rather judge based on when i will be in the garage etc. temperatures reach below freezing constantly, so to have the garage constantly at a temperature will cost too much.

RGB color options. - With many users, when buying bulbs if an RGBW Bulb is the same price as a white bulb, i would rather have colors. I set moods based on colors, Movie night etc, plus its a good way to have automations with alarms, IE: my lights turn red when an alarm is set off. I would love the ability to control color in tileboard via groups, I posted my UI the other day, and in the bedroom you can see i have created scenes for color options, would be much cleaner if i could just have a color picker for the group. :slight_smile:

Hey! Thanks, still working on it, so i haven’t uploaded the files yet, but i will let you know once i do. pretty soon, just trying to teak a few things, like color picker, and side menu.

So using a proxy worked. I now have a low framerate and lowres camera feed on my tile and a 4k RTSP stream on the camera popup. Yay ! I still had to modify the code to accept two different camera entities on the same tile item, but it works great so far. I also had to modify directives.js to reduce the max cache size used by hls.js (their default is 30 seconds, which can introduce a huge lag between what you see on the camera stream vs what happens in front of the camera right now).

One quick question. When the stream is open in the fullscreen popup, how difficult would it be to add pinch zooming / dragging support ? This could be really useful to zoom into a high resolution camera feed on a small mobile phone screen, for example. Could this be achieved using Hammer ?

Thanks !

1 Like

Thanks !!!
It works now…next challange to get all my switches and solar boiler overview in it :slight_smile:

I finally got around to updating to the latest pull of Tileboard. Love it!

However, my main panel is an iPad Gen 3. It’s been working for over a year. I launch a bookmark on the home screen, and it loads Safari with no title bar no menu. I put it in guided access mode and all is well.

With the latest update it now will not load anything when launched as a bookmark. If I start Safari and go to the URL it will work just fine, however there is the title menu and menu bar. I deleted the bookmark and tried a new one, but still no dice.

Any ideas?

Hi All,

Can someone please point me in the right direction here:

I’m using some TEXT_LIST

position: [0, 1],
       width: 2,
       height: 1,
       title: 'Travel',
       id: {}, // since we are binding each list item to different sensor, so we simply use an empty object
       type: TYPES.TEXT_LIST,
       state: false,
       list: [
          {
         title: 'Time to office',
         icon: 'mdi-office-building',
         value: '&sensor.home_to_office.attributes.duration'
          },]

all working well, times are showing perfectly in my list , however,

I want to change the color of the value in my text list depending on duration.

So let’s say travel time below 45 mins is green, between 46 and 90 is orange , >90 is red.
I’ve played with customStyles but am unable to get it to work.

Appreciate your insights

I use the same setup and Kiosk Pro app (free version) , works like a charm and recovers from crashes better than Safari.

1 Like

Just wanted to share my little project so far, very happy with the possibilities and flexibility. And it breaks the high wife acceptance factor that usually comes with ‘my new project’ We run this on an iPad mounted on the wall in the kitchen and has been a great addition.

Red markers indicate if a door is locked (not closed but a sensor is detecting the cylinder position)

Light control, temps and door sensor battery status

Light control first floor plus temps

happy so far !

cool :slight_smile:
Can you share your code of those 2 tials: ?

Work-home is a Waze sensor I use

sensor
  - platform: waze_travel_time
    origin: lat, long
    destination: lat, long
    name: Home-Work
    region: 'EU'
    incl_filter: A2

This results in minutes which is then converted into better readable format for Tileboard:

- platform: template
       sensors:
        minutes_to_hours_home_work:
          value_template: >
            {% set ct = states('sensor.home_work') | int %}
            {% if ct == 0 %}
             Unavailable
            {% elif ct > 60 %}
            {{ ct // 60 }} uur {{ '{:0>2d}'.format(ct%60) }} minuten
            {% else %}
            {{ ct }} minuten
            {% endif %}

Then simply create a text-list.

The garbage collector is a Rova sensor and is very specific for the region you live in so doesn’t make sense to post the code here as it may not apply to you.

for Tileboard I use below tiles for each garbage entity:

{
                        height: .5,
                        width: .5,
                        position: [0.6, -0.5],
                        type: TYPES.SENSOR_ICON,
                        id: 'sensor.days_until_recycling_plastic',
                        title: 'Plastic',
                        state: '&sensor.days_until_recycling_plastic.state',
                        icon: 'mdi-sync',
                        customStyles: function (item, entity) {
                            if (entity.state == '1' || entity.state == '0') {
                            return {
                        'backgroundColor': '#fff',
                      'color': '#ff8c00',
                     };
        } else {
            return {
              'backgroundColor': 'transparent',
                      'color': '#aeaeae',
          }; 

Hi! Please someone could point me to the right diretion on how to customize the login page for HA?
I know that this page is related to HA main config and not to tileboard but i hope that maybe in this topic someone customize this page… i wanna add text on login screen with some informations. thanks a lot.

It works good with the long live token of HA. However basically only one iPad should have access to the website of TileBoard. Tried to protect the subdirectory with .htaccess and .htpasswd but it does not work. Maybe I do not have the full path of .htpasswd in de .htaccess file correct. How do I get the full path correct or is there a better way way of getting a separate password for the website of TileBoard?

thank you :slight_smile: i will make of use for sure

Thanks. Using it now. Seems slower on button pushes but other than that it is great!

{
        position: [2, 2],
        type: TYPES.SENSOR,
        title: 'Keuken',
        subtitle: 'Humidity : ' + '&sensor.humidity_keuken.state' + ' %',
        id: 'sensor.temperature_keuken',
        //unit: 'C', // override default entity unit
        state: false, // hidding state
        filter: function (value) { // optional
        var num = parseFloat(value);
        return num && !isNaN(num) ? num.toFixed(1) : value;
        }
 },

For a long time, friends and family have been frustrated with having to type the long password to our guest network.

With good support from modern phones, I wanted to give QR code a try but noticed there wasn’t a TileBoard tile capable of displaying an image without being connected to a HA entity.

I recently submitted a PR to address just that. An image tile.

In our case, this is a QR code with credentials to our guest network but apart a QR code, but it could be any image (local or remote).

2 Likes