TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

I have done that but what would the address be of the dashboard? Is there any port that it’s on ?

All you need to do is specify the address and port of your HA. Dashboard is simply a set of html, javascript and css files which can reside anywhere.

1 Like

Right ok I have done that now how do I access dashboard ?
Sorry for the stupid questions buddy.

I assume you store the files localy? Simply open index.html file in Firefox :slight_smile:

I do and my ha runs on my pi. Do I have to open the index.html from my pi? I wanted to open Dashboard on my phone or tablet.

That’s amazing - looks lovely

Can I ask do you have some kind of tablet in your hall with this on - if so do you have it dim and wake as people walk past? or just have it off until someone touches it?

As long as you are not exposing HA to the outside world you can create a tileboard directory in www (directory where all HA files arer stored) and copy those files there. You will than be able to access it at http://yourlocalip:8123/local/tileboard/index.html

1 Like

That’s a long story since I decided not to go an easy way and have torn a 20 inch touchscreen monitor apart and made a hole in my wall to fit it :slight_smile: Dashboard is currently running of an old NUC and I can send commands to it to wake it up when motion is detected. I am also waking it up and opening doorentry popup whenever someone rinds the doorbell. I might need to create a separate post in future to show off what I’ve done :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Neat project… I went through the readme and connected it to my hassio repository.

What am i doing wrong?

Would love to see that…

There must be an error in the config. Please open console in Developer tools in your browser and see what the error says.

1 Like

this post used to show a pointless screenshot.

There appears to be a typo in your config on line 15.

appears my websocket connection is struggling… im using Hassio

There shouldn’t be a problem with that. Please remember that this JavaScript and not Yaml so you need quotes (") around string values.

I am facing the same issue as @Jayan and I think my issue is to do wsUrl. I did check my error log and I get "failed to load resource:the server responded with a status of 404 (not found)

Another error is : uncaught referenceerror: config is not defined at unit.js:1

Did you change it from localhost to the IP address of your HA?

Yes I did… to my duckdns.org

What about the port number?

Don’t require port with duckdns