TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Sorry I was referring to the background image and references to files as such i.e bg1.jpeg

Is this still the case or have user created tiles been implemented? If not is the easiest/best method to add them in index.html and main.less?

Thanks!

Then you should create the folder /config/tileboard/images and reference to “bg: ‘images/bg_xyz.jpg’,” in the config file.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, I realised now there’s a symlink between the folder in config and the docker location so aslong as the files aren’t named the same you can use that location :smiley:

Is there not a way to make a tile completely transparent in the CUSTOM.TRANSPARENT theme? I would like to have a few tiles to only display the icon.

In addition, is there a tile that could only display text based on a state/id? i.e. I want a transparent text box at the top of the screen to display what song is playing based on an entity’s state.

Using a custom tile as a group header. I would like the smaller item-subtitle text to be the same size as the item-title text.

The tile I want to change already has a class applied from custom.css to be transparent when others are shaded. So I assumed I needed to add an item-subtitle class (called it larger-subtitle) in the css and add this to the tile classes separated from the other working item-transparent-tile class by a comma. It does nothing to the text using my code and I have tried using many different values for the font-size. My css and js are below:

.-theme-transparent .item.transparent-tile {
    background: rgba(255, 0, 0, 0) !important;
    box-shadow: none;
    border-radius: 0px;
    }

.item-subtitle .item.larger-subtitle {
  font-size: 2em !important; 
  font-weight: 500 !important; 
  opacity: 1 !important; 
	}
					{
						position: [0, 0],
						width: 2,
						height: 0.5,
						type: TYPES.CUSTOM,
						state: false,
						title: 'Window Sensors',
						subtitle: 'Conservatory',
						id: { },
						icon: '',
						action: null, 
						classes: ['transparent-tile', 'larger-subtitle'],
					   //customHtml: '<b>Hi</b>',  // Can also be a function that will be passed item and entity.
					},

I would appreciate any help with correcting this.

How do you use Tileboard via Addon, so that when you open it with Fullykiosk it doenst show top&side bars?

Try Kiosk Mode

Does anyone have Arlo (specifically using the aarlo integration) working for camera streaming? I’m assuming the default behavior for a camera tile is that the live stream should open when clicked but nothing happens. If I long press I get a history graph which seems to be the default behavior of any tile.

Thanks!

Edit: Somewhere along the way I was using the camera thumbnail tile not camera tile and that was my problem. Now I’m getting my camera stream as expected.

I’m unable to figure out how to access TileBoard on a Surface RT. I can load tileboard on a pc in chrome and edge, but unable to load it on Surface RT. If I visit http://hassip:port/local/tileboard/index.html it tells me that I may not have installed tileboard correctly. I installed via the official add-on and am able to configure via samba from the config/tileboard directory.

I know this is a while ago… and TileBoard has changed in it’s structure since…

Because I can’t get it to work by making a var in config.js

any pointers on how to solve it now?

What web browser are you using? Perhaps it doesn’t have proper JS support. Since tileboard is a webpage and it works elsewhere it is probably an issue with your browser and/or the Surface.

I am unable to access on Internet Explorer on the surface, and now using Chrome or Edge on PC yields the same result.

If I access via the lovelace UI sidebar it works ok, but now I get a 404 Not Found if I visit

http://hass-ip:port/local/tileboard/index.html

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on a couple of times now with the same result.

I’m running tileboard in docker so I can’t speak from experience but you might need to install it in the www folder to access via URL like that. I’m not sure though.

See I have docker on my windows machine, can I still run it from there and have it interact with HA that runs on a pi?

It should be able to. In the config.js you need to give tileboard the url and ws for your home assistant instance. Then you visit localhost:port in your browser to access tileboard.

Hi Steve, did you get it to work ? Access TileBoard using Nabu Casa remote?

No, I didn’t unfortunately. If you figure it out, please let me know. I have tried a couple different forums with no response.

I will try. You mentioned in your earlier post about the token. How and where did you put this?

I don’t think it was the right place. I think that is used for 3rd party services like google and mapbox. But it is at the top of the config file.

authToken: null, // optional long-lived token (CAUTION: only if TileBoard is not exposed to the internet)