TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Hello to everyone,
First time posting, been playing with HASS for about 2 weeks now.
A big thank you to the makers of Tailboard, this is FIRE!
The main reason for trying out tailboard was to bring back life to my old iPad running IOS 9.3.5
Have spent a few days configuring and skinning and through I would share my results for inspiration and feedback.
Once again massive thank you :slight_smile: :grinning:

Pics of my dashboard

1 Like

Hello,
just tried to update my old TileBoard installation:
I just delete everything, overwrite config.js with my old file but it doesn’t work.
I can’t find any info to upgrade.
Where I can find it ?

Thanks

Hi there, it would be nice if the dashboard can switch back to the homepage after certain time of inactivity.

I know you can make an automation with this action, but how can you trigger this?

- event: tileboard
    event_data:
     page: 0
     command: open_page

Hi,

Anyone who know how to change settings in the history-tile?

What I want to change is the line, color and width. And also to get rid of the labels.

Can any body explain, how do i need configure addon for work with https ?
In addon description says:

The serverUrl and wsUrl options in the config.js are overridden by the add-on and don’t have to be configured.

i have add authToken only.

But in console get error:

at Object.Dt [as bootstrap] (http://192.168.1.3:82/scripts/app-a29e0cc0.js:7:10656) 
Possibly unhandled rejection: {"stack":"Error: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': The URL 'null/api/websocket' is invalid.\\n

Hi there,
I found this add-on few days ago and have been working on my dashboard.
So far I really love what I can do with it but I’m having hard time with the documentation.
In this endless thread there’s so much golden information but it’s hard to find.
Where can I find the best and latest documentation?

I went over the md files here:

The wiki pages here:

And this thread that I’m posting on.

For example I couldn’t find this tile in the docs. I feel like I’m missing something and would appreciate a referral to more good sources of information.
EDIT: I just found the COVER in readme.md… Still- is there another good place to find examples ?

Thank you,
And thanks for this wonderful add-on!!

hi @resoai, i have a strange problem with my cameras after few hassio updates.
My camera is integrated in hassio as generic camera and was was working just fine but now, when i open in full screen, works for 2 seconds then freeze for about 10 seconds and works again. In hassio there is no freeze when i open in full screen.

Code:

{
            position: [2.2, 0],
            title: "Masina",
            id: "camera.masina",
            type: TYPES.CAMERA,
            bgSize: "cover",
            width: 2,
            state: !1,
            icon: "mdi-monitor",
            fullscreen: {
                type: TYPES.CAMERA_STREAM,
                objFit: "contain",
            },
        },

If i open the camera url in vlc, works fine.
I try this code, also same freeze for about 10 seconds:

{
            position: [2.2, 0],
            title: "Masina",
            id: "camera.cam_1",
            type: TYPES.CAMERA,
            bgSize: "cover",
            width: 2,
            state: !1,
            icon: "mdi-monitor",
            fullscreen: {
                type: TYPES.CAMERA_STREAM,
                objFit: "contain",
                filter: function(url) {
                    return "rtsp://@xxxxxxx/user=admin_password=xxxxx_channel=1_stream=1.sdp"
                },
            },
        },

The problem persists even if i set the preload camera stream option in hassio settings.
What can it be… where to look?

Hi all

I had TileBoard working fine untill I had to change the IP address of HomeAssistant.
Accessing TileBoard using:
http://HASS_IP:8123/local/tileboard/index.html gives an error:

ACCESS TOKEN
Error while receiving access token

I changed the IP in config.js, restarted HomeAssistant (Raspberry Pi4).

What else is needed?

Hi, Your TileBoard is great but not very friendly in configuration to non-programmers. Do Your plan to make it work without struggling with coding? Some easy configuration in dashboard? Or even some step by step tutorial how to configure it?
Regards.

Unfortunately I don’t have any free time or energy to develop this any further.

Hi @resoai, sad to hear you will not be working on TileBoard anymore, but I totally get it. Having the time and energy to keep something going on the side (especially as big as TileBoard) is tough. Thanks for all the amazing work over the years! I still will be using it for the foreseeable future even with no updates. Lovelace still just doesn’t quite organize things the way I want. Thanks again!

1 Like

There are a few guys still keeping it alive and we always welcome PRs!

1 Like

Hi
Have just started using TileBoard.

Is it posible to create some kind of checklist?

I faced exactly the same problem, I didn’t find a solution either… I keep using via manual installation to www/tileboard folder :frowning:

Is there a way to get timers working? Just showing the state doesn’t count down the timer on Tileboard sadly

Hi all,

I think it is very simple but cannot find how and where to change the background.
Any help is welcome.

Looking for a good solution for a specific dashboard I have in mind. I guess I am taking water over my head when I start looking into TileBoard (close to none experience with js). Are there any complete examples on a semi advanced Tileboard to play around with and learn?

I have Tileboard running in Docker. Where should I look for /images/bg1.jpeg file? Or where should i put my images?