TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Why not create a tile with date if you need one? You can (probably) add z-index rule to custom.css to work around it but the whole idea of placing header into the footer is not ok.

Can you share a picture of what your layout looks like on the Fire 7 with those settings?

I have created a tile with the time and date but i like the way it appears as the header, just in the footer. I’m using a small screen so need to keep it compact.

I am really digging this frontend. however when Itry to get sensor data in a type: text_list the value is outputting a string

{
    title: "Download",
    icon: "mdi-download",
    value: "sensor.speedtest_download"
}

where value should be 0.67 I am getting “sensor.speedtest_download”
I’ve tried with “&sensor.speedtest_download” as well. I don’t understand what is afoot here.

Give this a try:

{
  title: 'Download',
  icon: 'mdi-download',
  value: '&sensor.speedtest_download.state' + '&sensor.speedtest_download.attributes.unit_of_measurement'
},
1 Like

you forgot .state

.state shouldn’t be needed for the attributes and it’s there for the actual state. I did do a terrible job of pasting in in though. This is better:

{
          title: 'Download', icon: 'mdi-download',
          value: '&sensor.speedtest_download.state' + '&sensor.speedtest_download.attributes.unit_of_measurement'
        },

I was replying via my phone, I was meant to reply to a different message :slight_smile:

Couple of images below lifted from FullyKiosk on the Fire7 looks identical just bigger on the bigger fires. Ignore the list sensor on main page its WIP.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

that was it, thanks!

the only thing I would change is weather forecast. I would get rid of the header:

hideHeader: true

And display dates as Weekdays:

var d = new Date(Date.now() + id * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000);
var date = d.toString().split(' ')[0];

Other than that this is perfect example of a dashboard that has some style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip on weekdays the date format had been bugging me! :+1::grinning:

now to get a weather block looking more like this Capture

icon, data summary then maybe 5-day forecast or hourly.

1 Like

Having a little trouble with the slider tile.
It seems to be addressing the state rather than the brightness.
TB%20slider

My confiig for this slider:

width: 3,					   
           type: TYPES.SLIDER,
					   theme: ITEM_TRANSPARENT,
					   unit: '%',
					   id: 'light.kitchen_volume',
					   title: 'Kitchen',
					   subtitle: 'Volume',
					   state: false,
					   slider: {
					     // max:100,
						 // min: 0,
						 // step: 2,
						  request: {
						     type: "call_service",
							 domain: "input_number",
							 service: "set_value",
							 field: "value"
							} 

My config for volume control in HA:

- platform: mqtt
    name: Kitchen Volume
    state_topic: "cbus/read/254/56/130/state"
    command_topic: "cbus/write/254/56/130/switch"
    brightness_state_topic: "cbus/read/254/56/130/level"
    brightness_command_topic: "cbus/write/254/56/130/ramp"
    qos: 0
	payload_off: "OFF"
    optimistic: false`

Any suggestions?

Please format your code properly as it is impossible to read. You mention brightness, control says volume…?
Slider can only control input_number components.

You can’t. We have two different tiles, one for current weather and one for forecast.

No doubt that will be the issue. My home automation is C-Bus so volume controls are on the same system as the lighting - brightness = volume.

I’d love to see the ability to override icons with something like font awesome or the link.

currently if you include font awesome you have t remove mdi or the mdi class clashes. This is awesome stuff though

You can create a separate input_number in HA to actually control the volume.

1 Like

mdi-xxx is simply CSS class, so if you create your own classes for font awesome or any other third-party font icons, it should work just fine.